Return to “Games”

Re: Strike suit zero

I backed this before I found Star Citizen. It reminded me some of robotech with the morphing ships into suits and it looked pretty slick. We'll see how it turns out.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Just got my copy installed. I must say, it looks great! If anyone is interested in picking up a copy via steam, I have some coupons for 25% off.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I backed this on KS as well, and had a chance to run through the first three missions last night.

I gotta say, It has some really beautiful skyboxes. Like, epically good. It feels as though you're flying inside a copy of photoshop at times. Pity that the ship models can't quite match the beauty of the scenery, imo, but that doesn't really matter once you get into the rush of combat.

The dogfighting feels pretty good, (i'm using an xbox controller to play). The biggest difference from other space games I've played probably being that they put Roll on the left stick where you would normally get Yaw in other games. In practice, this eliminates the "plane of the ecliptic" fallacy that a lot of space games seem to have - There is no "up" or "down" in space, and the whole thing feels a lot more three-dimensional.

The missions are actually pretty cool as well so far, with you taking a number of roles in each - from fighter vs fighter dogfights, making strafing runs on the flak turrets of enemy capital ships so that your own ships can take them out, to acting as point defense for friendly capital ships against enemy space torpedoes.

I haven't quite got the hang of switching to the Strike Suit mid combat yet, (i'm sure its because they gave it to me and then immediately threw me in the deep end of space combat), but I'm enjoying figuring it out as I go along.

Anyway, first impressions: a visually impressive game with some strong space combat. So far the story seems like your pretty standard war of independence where the colonies are rebelling against restrictive old world influences (Earth).

I'd be interested to hear what other people think of the game.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

DWMagus wrote:Well, Steam is currently running a sale on it for 20% off if you want to buy it there.
I've wishlisted it, but reading the reviews I'm not impressed. There are quite a few arcade space combat games already, and while they're enjoyable I like a bit more strategy.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now