Return to “Games”

Re: Best Game AI You've Ever Seen?

Hi I'm new to the forum. The best Ai I have seen is in the game Ai war. The more you piss it off the more intelligent it becomes. The Ai makes you believe it is incredibly intelligent by reacting to the player in no set way.

"Players Anthropomorphize: Obviously, this is a well-known fact and something that all AI developers rely on. The players see purpose and intent from AIs where often there is none, and AI War is no exception. However, I think I have found a way to maximize the effectiveness of this anthropomophization. Players tend to start seeing "the man behind the curtain" once they learn to predict AI behavior. By having such a huge fuzzy factor, and having the AI be so reactive to player actions, the AI always seems to be doing something a little bit different. Even for players who play for hundreds of hours (and there are players in the core community who have played at least that), there is a tendency to anthropomorphize intentions. I think the value of this cannot be underestimated when discussing AI that seems really intelligent to players."

This the link to the wiki where he talks about designing the Ai.

http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.p ... _AI_Design

Hope this helps :)

Online Now