Return to “Games”

Any M.O.R.E. backers here?

Hi everyone,

I am curious who else likes M.O.R.E.-type of spacegames as well as this one.
Are there any backers here?

They have had a successfull kickstarter about a year ago, and now have a second one running for additional features and polish.
They're showing a series of videos at the moment which really got me extremely excited (so excited I want them to really knock it out of the park and get their funding, so that's a second motive of writing this post, I admit ;)).

This is the last one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTQgY012PP8

This video update is a true gem for those with attention to detail: you can really see how much of a labour of love this game is and how they really think about making it as easy as possible for players to customize the way they want to play (how they did their notification settings for example).
And you can also see it's still early days, pre-alpha ;)

Next video is about spacebattles and spaceship construction.. should be a good one.

So, anyone a backer already and/or interested? (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... re-of-more)
Re: Any M.O.R.E. backers here?

I backed M.O.R.E.

I've subsequently regretted that, as their communication has been very infrequent. (And that's not even comparing it against Josh's level of communication.) Their going back to the well for M.O.R.E. money also suggests their project planning was not adequate.

I hope they're eventually successful. But I have written them off my "maintain interest level in" list. If they ever ship, great, but I'm focused more on games whose developers maintain a more continuous relationship with their backers.

I can understand that, but to me it's clear they're more the game-making types than the marketing types (Josh happens to be both, but that's not for everyone). They even told backers upfront they were going to be silent and don't like to lose production time on updates. I can respect that.

If you look at the videos though the passion and love for what they're doing just explodes to you from their design choices etc. At least that's how I see it.
And I don't really think that a second kickstarter is a bad idea.

Predestination did it too, for a separate module/addition. I think if you inform everyone well and can still finish if you don't make that goal it's fine. And they did in my opinion and have said they don't need it to finish. They just want *more*, and I don't blame them, you always want your creation to be the best possible.

But yeah, I do understand that point :).
My 'interest level' is very high lately.. especially with 3 more videos to come ^^ :)

Flatfingers wrote:...Their going back to the well for M.O.R.E. money also suggests their project planning was not adequate...

I agree, It looks like they have the basics for a good game, but how does it look to have a second kickstarter for the same game...

Isn't the whole idea of KickSTARTER to get a project started?

How many times will they go back to the money pot?

It would be like if Josh reopened a Kickstarter and asking for more money to finish Limit Theory.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:It would be like if Josh reopened a Kickstarter and asking for more money to finish Limit Theory.
Except that it's clear Josh has come a long way, has always communicated and is living beneath a standard most people would be happy with.
All of these things also make it that people would be throwing money at him regardless of it being for the same project. So to me it seems the M.O.R.E. people failed to create a community, or attracted the wrong people, together with being inexperienced or perhaps even wasteful.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:It would be like if Josh reopened a Kickstarter and asking for more money to finish Limit Theory.
Except that it's clear Josh has come a long way, has always communicated and is living beneath a standard most people would be happy with.
All of these things also make it that people would be throwing money at him regardless of it being for the same project. So to me it seems the M.O.R.E. people failed to create a community, or attracted the wrong people, together with being inexperienced or perhaps even wasteful.
Yes. It would still look questionable, though I agree I would be far more likely to give Josh more money, not that he will ask for more.
Last edited by Zanteogo on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Signature

I backed M.O.R.E. and am concerned they've run another KickStarter.
I personally don't care much about frequent communication if they meet deadlines because I've backed FAR too many to follow all of them closely. That said I do want an update if/when they determine the projected release date is going to slip with a revised projected release date, repeat if necessary.

Online Now