Return to “Games”

Re: Voxel Quest

gavanw wrote:Happy to help you guys out with whatever contest arrangements you want - you don't necessarily have to sacrifice any of your prizes, although to be fair I cannot create additional types of certain prizes (mostly, there is a limit on the rare badges that can be given out, and spots in the credits -- most of the other stuff is fair game).
Thanks, Gavan! :thumbup: Katorone told me he intended contacting you after you'd celebrated and got some much needed sleep. I'm sure you will be hearing from him soon. :angel:

Talvieno wrote:Hmm, maybe we could eventually convince Gavan to change his mind. :D

Possibly not, but... I'm sure he'd do it if he thought it was truly worth the extra time.
It's only me being a collector again, Talvieno. Gavan made it clear on his KS pages that there were no physical rewards and he's got his funding now so that's fine. :angel:

Talvieno wrote:He's actually considering it right now over on his forums. :D

http://voxelquest.vanillaforums.com/dis ... ell#latest
If physical goods had been included in the original KS, Talvieno, I would have gone to a higher pledge level but I'm happy with what I've decided. I'm an honourable man and I keep my word. The winner will be able to sport the Emerald badge on the Voxel Quest forums which is a limited reward and will be well worth winning in the LTFC. :angel:

I'm quite happy with my 4 game keys. ;)

Honestly though, what am I going to do with a tee-shirt that says Voxel Quest? (and chances are the name will be changed at some point, though I am sure Mojang said the same thing during the early Minecraft days.)
My Signature

I feel like lots of developers do that, really only to allow for the encouragement of more people to back it during the kickstarter. If it stagnates early, people will lose hope and stop backing it. Things tend to die off quickly for the majority of projects.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

ShadowTiger wrote:I feel like lots of developers do that, really only to allow for the encouragement of more people to back it during the kickstarter. If it stagnates early, people will lose hope and stop backing it. Things tend to die off quickly for the majority of projects.
At first putting out updates was hard, but now that I have got into the swing of it, it is not very difficult and helps me motivate to work hard every week, and the feedback is good as well. No plans to stop the weekly updates yet (although I might miss a few). KS has been over for some time so that is no longer a motivator in that respect :)

Online Now