Return to “Games”

Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2971
Alpha 3.0 is now live, the old 2.6.3 client and patcher are no longer valid you should think about uninstalling it. If you followed the default installation for alpha 2.6.3 please note that there is no uninstall program bundled with it (unless I'm oblind) simply delete the Cloud Imperium Games folder under Program Files.

The new launcher is now available from here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download
Patch notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Alpha-300

This involves the oh so coveted "delta patcher" next update Victor will be very please to see that it's not 40+ Gb.

The control schemes have changed, a lot of things have changed. The game now includes a "Hint system" that should show you via text what to do, and how to interact with things.

Quick break down, when you spawn in Port Olisar you wont be able to open the door. Hold down the F key, look at the door pad it should be glowing orange, hover your mouse over it and click the "open" option. This is how the new InnerThoought feature works, as always it's still WIP and dev's have acknowledged that there is still plenty to do.

Onto SQ42!

Tal posted a video I see but here is the official one:
(Only gameplay no commentary)


So now here is another one, this involves "director commentary" in which they address a lot of the things the communtiy mentioned during or after the presentation. It's not a different play through as they followed the same route but they did play the game while commenting on things, a bunch of smaller details are different from this version over the non commentary version it's neat to see. (Yes I've watched this SQ42 stuff more than once)



Hype mode activate.
:D
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2974
I'm pleased to see a little more optimism being shown for/about the games, BMRX. :)

I'm avoiding all the possible spoilers as I don't appear to have the same problems about having to be reassured as to what's on offer.
BMRX wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:10 pm
The new launcher is now available from here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download
Patch notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Alpha-300

This involves the oh so coveted "delta patcher" next update Victor will be very please to see that it's not 40+ Gb.
I am pleased, BMRX. :D I'm in the process of downloading the new content now. :angel:
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2975
Victor Tombs wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 am
I ordered my copy of the Jump Point Year 3 Hardcover book to add to the previous volumes. :D I wasn't happy with paying more for postage than I paid for the book but it's a small price to pay to have a print version of the well produced digital magazine. I don't like gaps in my physical collections. :angel:
It's not really the done thing to quote yourself but I've just been informed that the Jump Point Year 3 Hardcover book has shipped today! :shock: :o :D :angel:
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2976
Victor Tombs wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:29 am
I'm pleased to see a little more optimism being shown for/about the games, BMRX. :)

I'm avoiding all the possible spoilers as I don't appear to have the same problems about having to be reassured as to what's on offer.
The footage shown is a "side quest" for lack of a better term that is more relate-able. I guess side mission, but I digress.

Even if you don't need reassurance the acting is superb. Sir SpaceDavos hit me in the feels.
:D
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2978
i just tried to play SC.
its a mystery to me how a modern game is able to shit itself when it runs on fullHD on a 4k screen (had to reduce the resolution of my desktop to be able to have it on 1920x1080 without crapping)
and have shitty performance with GPU, CPU and RAM being bored.

i'd like to play it. but i cant.
i have a brand new 2000 buck desktop setup and the game runs about as crappy as it did on my 7 year old machine.
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2980
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm
i just tried to play SC.
its a mystery to me how a modern game is able to shit itself when it runs on fullHD on a 4k screen (had to reduce the resolution of my desktop to be able to have it on 1920x1080 without crapping)
and have shitty performance with GPU, CPU and RAM being bored.

i'd like to play it. but i cant.
i have a brand new 2000 buck desktop setup and the game runs about as crappy as it did on my 7 year old machine.
Yeah, it was a slide show on my machine. It is about 5 years old, but Core i5, GTX 670, 8GB of RAM runs everything else pretty smoothly at 1920x1200. I put it on the SSD, but the hard drive light still ran continuously. There's some lack of optimization. Or else, it just doesn't do well with 8GB of RAM. Was planning on jumping to 16 GB anyway, maybe now's the time.
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2981
Arclite wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:39 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm
i just tried to play SC.
its a mystery to me how a modern game is able to shit itself when it runs on fullHD on a 4k screen (had to reduce the resolution of my desktop to be able to have it on 1920x1080 without crapping)
and have shitty performance with GPU, CPU and RAM being bored.

i'd like to play it. but i cant.
i have a brand new 2000 buck desktop setup and the game runs about as crappy as it did on my 7 year old machine.
Yeah, it was a slide show on my machine. It is about 5 years old, but Core i5, GTX 670, 8GB of RAM runs everything else pretty smoothly at 1920x1200. I put it on the SSD, but the hard drive light still ran continuously. There's some lack of optimization. Or else, it just doesn't do well with 8GB of RAM. Was planning on jumping to 16 GB anyway, maybe now's the time.
ryzen 1700x, gtx 1080, 32gig of ram (all of which were bored) and it sits on my nvme SSD.
it has no excuse to run shitty
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2982
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:42 pm
Arclite wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:39 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm
i just tried to play SC.
its a mystery to me how a modern game is able to shit itself when it runs on fullHD on a 4k screen (had to reduce the resolution of my desktop to be able to have it on 1920x1080 without crapping)
and have shitty performance with GPU, CPU and RAM being bored.

i'd like to play it. but i cant.
i have a brand new 2000 buck desktop setup and the game runs about as crappy as it did on my 7 year old machine.
Yeah, it was a slide show on my machine. It is about 5 years old, but Core i5, GTX 670, 8GB of RAM runs everything else pretty smoothly at 1920x1200. I put it on the SSD, but the hard drive light still ran continuously. There's some lack of optimization. Or else, it just doesn't do well with 8GB of RAM. Was planning on jumping to 16 GB anyway, maybe now's the time.
ryzen 1700x, gtx 1080, 32gig of ram (all of which were bored) and it sits on my nvme SSD.
it has no excuse to run shitty
Yeah the same in my laptop with gtx1060 and 16gig of ram...
Netcode issues i heard, let's see if they improve it in the next builds.
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2983
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:42 pm
Arclite wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:39 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm
i just tried to play SC.
its a mystery to me how a modern game is able to shit itself when it runs on fullHD on a 4k screen (had to reduce the resolution of my desktop to be able to have it on 1920x1080 without crapping)
and have shitty performance with GPU, CPU and RAM being bored.

i'd like to play it. but i cant.
i have a brand new 2000 buck desktop setup and the game runs about as crappy as it did on my 7 year old machine.
Yeah, it was a slide show on my machine. It is about 5 years old, but Core i5, GTX 670, 8GB of RAM runs everything else pretty smoothly at 1920x1200. I put it on the SSD, but the hard drive light still ran continuously. There's some lack of optimization. Or else, it just doesn't do well with 8GB of RAM. Was planning on jumping to 16 GB anyway, maybe now's the time.
ryzen 1700x, gtx 1080, 32gig of ram (all of which were bored) and it sits on my nvme SSD.
it has no excuse to run shitty
Damn, your machine is a beast. And it was choppy?

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron