Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

I've not bought anything in/from Star Citizen. While I don't have much personal interest in the game (not a fan of multiplayer), I've been following along loosely ever since the Kickstarter (I'm a fan of space things). Derek Smart has been pretty loud for a while, but he only got media attention in 2015. Before that it was mostly Twitter and raging on his forum/Twitch/whatever other social sites he happened to be using.

To be honest, I'm immensely surprised you haven't heard of him. He was a very popular topic of conversation for a while. I had thought you were following Star Citizen for at least that long, given your interest in it. Do you/did you have many ships?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:44 pm
Target acquired :!: The Origin 890 Jump is now part of the fleet. :D :D :D
You paid $800+ to the patron saint of pay2win. haha.
Just_Ice_au wrote:
Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:53 pm
I'm leaning towards a Hornet, but the 315p is probably better for my preferred playstyle, but I already have that 350R...

Decisions, decisions! What do you guys think?
buy both. I never want Star Citizen to die.
Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:14 am
I've been through my hangar list and I've still got seventeen ships available
https://youtu.be/trELKmUPoyU?t=9

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 am

Mind closed, wallet open? Would you mind listing your Star Citizen ships?
Certainly not mind closed but I do have an open wallet, ResultsMayDiffer. I'm an SC whale with a fairly impressive ship list. I don't like Derek Smart for a number of reasons. Mainly because he seems incapable of moving on in his life.

It seems you may have the same problem. :angel:

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 am
I've not bought anything in/from Star Citizen. While I don't have much personal interest in the game (not a fan of multiplayer), I've been following along loosely ever since the Kickstarter (I'm a fan of space things).
Ditto! I'm not invested in SC, but I kinda follow it - a bit. Mind you, I'm not invested in LT either.
Oolite Naval Attaché

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 pm
the vanta calls the kettle black.
get your mind unstuck first and then we may, may talk about closed minds.
Go ahead and hit me with your best shot then.

I'm 100% ready for Star Citizen and Limit Theory so start proving me wrong hardcore. In fact I can't wait for one of them to do so.

I think that as people wake up to the reality of the situation, they’re going to need to cope with it. Their first instinct probably isn’t going to be “wow I was really wrong and fooled!” It’s going to be more subtle, wherein they “saw it coming but decided to hold out for good measure” and “knew what they were getting into but hoped for the best”.

Damocles wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:58 pm
Let me guess, you are the one who will be lurking in the million mile high club and forgot his glass of red wine at the bar?
I was really close to pledging for a million mile high club, Damocles. Too much procrastination, just a little too much umming and ahhing. I've pledged for some really big ships and I'm hoping the decadence of a few of them will be sufficient to ease the pain of missing out. I'd love to turn my Javelin into a mobile gin palace with tons of luxurious fittings. :angel:

I'm not sure if CR will allow such liberties to be taken. *chuckle*

Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:31 pm
I was really close to pledging for a million mile high club, Damocles. Too much procrastination, just a little too much umming and ahhing. I've pledged for some really big ships and I'm hoping the decadence of a few of them will be sufficient to ease the pain of missing out. I'd love to turn my Javelin into a mobile gin palace with tons of luxurious fittings. :angel:

I'm not sure if CR will allow such liberties to be taken. *chuckle*
Haha, waiting to see the "Party Javelin" passing by in a bystanders innocent youtube recording. :mrgreen:
Maybe you could propose a "discoball effect" upgrade for it.

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:25 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 pm
the vanta calls the kettle black.
get your mind unstuck first and then we may, may talk about closed minds.
Go ahead and hit me with your best shot then.
Tal said something bad about someone who very strongly criticises SC and you immediately jumped to the conclusion that he could only possibly think so because he backed the game strongly.
Which is funny, cause he hasn't spent a dime on the game. (Neither have I, before you throw any more accusations around :P )
Why would we bother trying to have a conversation with you about this if you can't even take people's opinions on their own merit instead of immediately dismissing them based on the assumed reason for them?
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

I suppose I should add that I didn't pledge for anything I couldn't afford to lose. I will be sad if CR fails to deliver but SC has never been a pre-order in my mind. If you can't afford to support the project then you shouldn't. The only real impulse buy was my Javelin and because I am part of an org. that can use the asset (assuming I don't get the thumbs up from Chris for my wild idea) it will fulfill a function in the game.

Squadron 42 is what I'm really after from CIG. :)

Limit Theory will still be my goto game for a true Freelancer experience, assuming Josh and Co. get it right. :angel:

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:43 pm
Tal said something bad about someone who very strongly criticises SC and you immediately jumped to the conclusion that he could only possibly think so because he backed the game strongly.
Which is funny, cause he hasn't spent a dime on the game. (Neither have I, before you throw any more accusations around :P )
Why would we bother trying to have a conversation with you about this if you can't even take people's opinions on their own merit instead of immediately dismissing them based on the assumed reason for them?
Tal appears highly misinformed and has been trained to immediately scapegoat this derek dude if at all possible. I will not respond to scapegoating critics any longer, citizens need to start getting answers for the sad sad state of this project.

I haven't heard anyone's opinion yet. Will you offer me one?

How about when they sold the $1000 ship and said each person will play a separate role and this was all part of a massive MMO? everyone said 'yup that's possible!'
Then some loner like Victor Tombs piped up 'but I don't have friends?' and they said 'well you can fill it with completely autonomous NPCs that will behave exactly like humans!'
Some of the smarter people asked 'hey man how is that possible?' and everyone answered 'it's Chris Roberts!'
lol, I remeber

Online Now