Return to “Games”

Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#61
Victor Tombs wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Well it's gone smoothly enough for me!! I'm inside and enjoying my precious
Well it's 2.31am in the morning here in the UK and I have just logged on to the RSI site. It appeared to be going very well right up to the point of downloading the installer. Curses! :wtf: :thumbdown:

I hate it when you are smug Mr Parnell. :lol:

I notice there are a few members offering their services to help ease the load on the main site which, according to members comments on the forum, are doing a fine job. :)

I am too tired to care so I will try again at a more godly hour.

Thanks for the sneak peek Josh, your hanger looks gorgeous. :thumbup: :D :wave:
Thanks Victor...your beauty will be waiting for you in the morning I am sure :D They did a really fine job!!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#62
Sweet mother of mercy! I'm trying to download the launcher from the hotel room that's supposed to have high speed internet. DL speed is all over the place. It's taking over 5 hrs to dl and I either have 25 minutes to 2 hours left! ARRRGH! HURRY UP ALL READY!!!!

Now I know how he feels...turn the volume down [EXPLICIT]
Kid throwing a tantrum on PC
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#63
JoshParnell wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Well it's gone smoothly enough for me!! I'm inside and enjoying my precious
Well it's 2.31am in the morning here in the UK and I have just logged on to the RSI site. It appeared to be going very well right up to the point of downloading the installer. Curses! :wtf: :thumbdown:

I hate it when you are smug Mr Parnell. :lol:

I notice there are a few members offering their services to help ease the load on the main site which, according to members comments on the forum, are doing a fine job. :)

I am too tired to care so I will try again at a more godly hour.

Thanks for the sneak peek Josh, your hanger looks gorgeous. :thumbup: :D :wave:
Thanks Victor...your beauty will be waiting for you in the morning I am sure :D They did a really fine job!!
Thanks Josh. I just hope it was due to the traffic on the site and not some other problem concerning my account or computer.

My apologies for some glaring errors in my post namely the superfluous "in the morning" after 2.31am and worst of all crimes (at least on the Star Citizen forums) using the word hanger instead of the correct hangar. My only excuse is extreme tiredness. I am just amazed the post made any sense. :lol:

I haven't tried installing my hangar again as coffee and breakfast are a far more inportant requirement at the moment. ;) :)
Landge wrote:Sweet mother of mercy! I'm trying to download the launcher from the hotel room that's supposed to have high speed internet. DL speed is all over the place. It's taking over 5 hrs to dl and I either have 25 minutes to 2 hours left! ARRRGH! HURRY UP ALL READY!!!!

Now I know how he feels...turn the volume down [EXPLICIT]
Kid throwing a tantrum on PC
I hope you finally managed to complete your download Landge. As for the tantrum kid, I very much doubt I could get that angry about anything. Even when my hangar downland failed I only resorted to very modest cursing...honest! :lol:
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#66
Skyfligher wrote:Josh is that a Constellation in your hanger!?
Welp, KS money. :shifty:

LMAO. Just kidding.

I had to stop my download 1GB in since I had to get to work, will have to resume after a while. :(

Were you able to get inside the Constellation, Josh? I was hoping to test out the mini-fighter in the docking bay to see if it'll deploy... :D

Can't wait to test out my rides! I feel like I'm buying a new car! :lol:
In Josh we trust.
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#67
TanC wrote:
Skyfligher wrote:Josh is that a Constellation in your hanger!?
Welp, KS money. :shifty:

LMAO. Just kidding.
It sure is a constellation ;) And actually...you're correct!! But I promise it wasn't your money ;) What I did was basically return Mr. Roberts' money to him (some of you may recall that he funded LT). No money gained or lost, but lots of rewards earned on both sides 8-) 8-) Very good transaction IMHO :thumbup:
Were you able to get inside the Constellation, Josh? I was hoping to test out the mini-fighter in the docking bay to see if it'll deploy... :D

Can't wait to test out my rides! I feel like I'm buying a new car! :lol:
Yep can get inside it and even sit down in the captain's chair! I didn't see a mini-fighter though...maybe I missed it :? You will enjoy your ride :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#68
JoshParnell wrote:It sure is a constellation ;) And actually...you're correct!! But I promise it wasn't your money ;) What I did was basically return Mr. Roberts' money to him (some of you may recall that he funded LT). No money gained or lost, but lots of rewards earned on both sides 8-) 8-) Very good transaction IMHO :thumbup:
If KS project owners just shift each other's money around, is that some sort of crazy pyramid scheme? =)
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#69
Thankfully I didn't throw a tantum like that kid! I have a bit more control now that I'm older. :D
After many restarts I finally was able to see my pledge ships, at about 1 am this morning. :clap:

@Josh great pic of your Connie. Dumb question, how did you do that screen shot? I can't get my screen shots to work! :x When I do a printscreen and go to paste it's just a black rectangle. :?

I pledged for the Freelancer (for obvious reasons) but if you need a wingman I have a 325a at my disposal.

Now when I try to get back in the hanger all I get is Connection Error! Account login timed out! Blasted hotel internet! :evil:

See you in the Verse.
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#70
It seems the servers are experiencing quite a bit of stress with everyone wanting to be online at the same time. So even those who have successfully installed their hangar module may have difficulty viewing their new toy.

I have failed in my efforts to download my hangar module but at least I am not alone with my problem. It seems it is one of the most common occurrences and has been referred to the dev team for a solution. That doesn't help me much in the short term but I am thankful that it is not a problem with my account or computer.

BTW @Landge, I was surprised to see you in the Seniors Headcount thread. I guess I am probably still the oldest here but some of the Star Citizens are amazing. Some are active in the community at over seventy years of age. I even spotted one who claimed to be eighty! We seniors seem to have a large presence in Star Citizen which makes me feel much better about playing in the PU.
Skyfligher wrote:I see myself doing a video or two over this soon, and good luck Victor can't wait to meet you out there!
As long as you are not a pirate Skyfligher I too look forward to meeting you in the verse. :thumbup: :D
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#71
JoshParnell wrote:Yep can get inside it and even sit down in the captain's chair! I didn't see a mini-fighter though...maybe I missed it :? You will enjoy your ride :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sweet deal! The fighter's near the bunk beds buried in the floor of the connie, you should see a "bump" in the middle of the room nearby indicating the cockpit.
JoshParnell wrote:It sure is a constellation ;) And actually...you're correct!! But I promise it wasn't your money ;) What I did was basically return Mr. Roberts' money to him (some of you may recall that he funded LT). No money gained or lost, but lots of rewards earned on both sides 8-) 8-) Very good transaction IMHO :thumbup:
:wtf: Wasn't expecting that.
Gazz wrote:If KS project owners just shift each other's money around, is that some sort of crazy pyramid scheme? =)
I'm sure it is defined as some sort of crazy pyramid scheme cause effectively no money changed hands and a whole bunch of rewards were gained! Wow, wish I could get such a deal! ;)
In Josh we trust.
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#73
Victor Tombs wrote:It seems the servers are experiencing quite a bit of stress with everyone wanting to be online at the same time. So even those who have successfully installed their hangar module may have difficulty viewing their new toy.

I have failed in my efforts to download my hangar module but at least I am not alone with my problem. It seems it is one of the most common occurrences and has been referred to the dev team for a solution. That doesn't help me much in the short term but I am thankful that it is not a problem with my account or computer.

BTW @Landge, I was surprised to see you in the Seniors Headcount thread. I guess I am probably still the oldest here but some of the Star Citizens are amazing. Some are active in the community at over seventy years of age. I even spotted one who claimed to be eighty! We seniors seem to have a large presence in Star Citizen which makes me feel much better about playing in the PU.
Skyfligher wrote:I see myself doing a video or two over this soon, and good luck Victor can't wait to meet you out there!
As long as you are not a pirate Skyfligher I too look forward to meeting you in the verse. :thumbup: :D
Now I understand what that Elder Counsel means under your name! :lol:

BTW I figured out if I switch the module to windowed mode I can do printscreen: Image
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#74
Landge wrote: Now I understand what that Elder Counsel means under your name! :lol:
There is a line which I stumbled on written by our no nonsense moderator Gazz after the end of the KS and I quote:

"Now these elderly council folks are a different case. They paid a whole lot of money to fund our game so... thanks guys and gals! =)"

I remember smiling at the time and thinking, "You have no idea how close to the truth you are Gazz ". Well, in regards to me that is. :lol:

It is why I so admire Star Citizens of a more advanced age (late 60's, 70's and 80's) who dream the same dreams as the youngsters about the resurgence of the space sim and the return of Chris Roberts but understand that the game still has a long way to go before they will be playing it. You have to admire that kind of support and optimism. :)

WOW! Love the print screens. :D
Post

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

#75
I found out F12 will save screen shots. Here are some interior shots of my Freelancer: Image Oh yes! Just got to condo in Destin. Internetz moar better here. No trouble getting into hangar with it timing out anymore. Sweet!
Time to hit the beaches!
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron