Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

I'm happy uncooperative too...very weird survey...going from expectation of a game to my age and financinal situation. Let me put it more directly :monkey:

You want to find out: small patience correlates with young age and young age correlates with low income. Weird that you need a survey for that :ghost:

I can see the use of it.

The survey is around how age and wealth affect expectations around a game that's budget has spiraled out of control with very little to show for it except more and more pay-to-win in the MMO part...
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

No the other questions are fluff. If anything they may be a distraction. Perhaps one could speculate that "$100,000 or More in 2016" surveys are liars.

Exact reasoning behind the survey:
Citizens like to argue about progress and typically measure in version numbers. Somehow CIG continues to string along backers by touting so called progress, and certainly there are improvements being made. However, most people who have been involved with game design can easily see they are designing it from the inside out, focusing on ship design, frivolous 3d assets, demo reels, etc instead of building a solid prototype. Some liken it to putting up wallpaper before the house's frame is complete.

This surveys goals in order:
  • 1 - Attempt to predict at what point citizens will no longer put up with crucial missing features
  • 2 - Create a concrete cutoff date in citizens minds concerning features, not version numbers or vauge "netcode progress"
  • 3 - Measure the current amount of lost faith citizens
  • 4 - Measure the current amount of blind faith to the bitter end citizens

It doesn't seem I will be able to collect many more datapoints. as the number of completed surveys has not changed since Wednesday.
reddit way outperformed so I guess my trust was misplaced.

ResultsMayDiffer wrote: So far reddit has been very uncooperative. I think I can trust you more.
ResultsMayDiffer wrote: reddit way outperformed so I guess my trust was misplaced.
ResultsMayDiffer
Recruit
I think I smell a troll.. :monkey:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.
And yes, I am upset.. :evil:

Edit: silly, missing the [
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:stuff
Frankly, I wouldn't be as surprised as you that your survey didn't get many responses. To me at least, seeing a survey about my opinion of a game with 3 questions, with some of them asking for quite personal info like income bracket looks a little fishy. That may not have been your intention, but unfortunately that's the vibe it gave off to me. Coming onto a forum and getting angry at people for not answering your survey, especially given that, is rather counterproductive.

FormalMoss - I honestly doubt ResultsMayDiffer is a troll. :P I don't really think there's any reason to be angry here. Just accept the results and move on. Your own opinion is still just as valid as before. :)

ResultsMayDiffer - FormalMoss is merely referring to the fact that a troll is more likely to create a throwaway account than spend a long period of time at a specific community. Your account is new and you don't seem interested in LT. These are contributing factors to you being perceived as a troll. I don't think you are, though, or you wouldn't have started with a survey. I think you would've just started trolling. :P Trolls don't usually work for their results. (Also, I agree with Cuisinart8: Next time, less fluff. Just get to the point. :) )
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Talvieno wrote:(Also, I agree with Cuisinart8: Next time, less fluff. Just get to the point. :) )
If I revealed the intent, or results. It could impact the person answering the survey.
I understand where you're coming from, but think the intent was rather obvious after the first question. :P It was a bit biased towards "This project will almost certainly fail."

My interest in LT is great. I wish Josh godspeed. But I have no meaningful or useful input.
In that case, I apologize for my previous statement. My assumptions will be the death of me someday. :lol:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:I understand where you're coming from, but think the intent was rather obvious after the first question. :P It was a bit biased towards "This project will almost certainly fail."
ehhh Perhaps. I tried to offset this a in certain ways, though I couldn't help myself in others.

for example: "They can cut Mining, Trade, and Cargo if complications arise. I will never loose faith in CIG over delays or cut features, no matter how basic. Anything can be patched in after the final game is released." was designed to catch any ardent believers that are not going to answer with a specific year, though there certainly is an aspect of poking fun at the answer.

ResultsMayDiffer wrote: If you think post count is somehow relevant to the discussion.
Not post count, but the time you allowed to obtain results from the questionnaire.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, 4 days doesn't even capture the weekenders who would visit us to catch up on a weekly dose of Josh now that he's back. :lol:

But you could have done better, set up a poll on the forum with genuine questions that are both fun and don't scare people away.. plus, no need to write scathing comments to bribe us to cooperate with discussion.

Anywho.. time for Netflix :)
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now