Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

Graf wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 am
Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:23 am
Well, if you're not a member of HARMNET already you're welcome to apply for membership, Graf. Once in I doubt if you will have to worry about the limitations of your Aurora LN. I can't be as sure about your laptop though. ;) :angel:
I looked into it, and it definitely seems like something I'd like to join- what are the membership requirements? Do you want my resume? :P
I'm not sure if I am an admin for the group still or not, but basically, you have to be a LT forum member, and have to be somewhat friendly. If you put in an application I'll see if I can get it approved for you.

Edit: I just checked and it does appear that I do have rights to accept applications. Quote me here after you apply and I'll get notified and add you over there.

Chris Roberts and his keynote speech in a while. A bit of a wait but it's always interesting to listen to his take on things. :D

And bandwidth problems! *chuckle* It wouldn't be CitizenCon without problems. :angel:

I'm looking forward to the OST for the game. Not quite as much as the OST for Limit Theory though. :D

Well, they've nailed it as far as the atmospherics and flying experience at the city level is concerned, a true cockpit experience. It's awesome! This is how I imagined it would be like if the technology had been available in the days when Freelancer was made. And that view from the platform.

So much to see! I recommend that you watch the video when it's available. :angel:

Most enjoyable! :clap: :clap:

Purchased my CitizenCon 2947 Trophy to add to the others in my in-game display case. Yes, I know I'm a bit sad. :oops: Was mildly disappointed that there isn't a subscriber version this year.

To add to the sadness I also included the Kastak Arms Custodian SMG - CitizenCon 2947 Edition. Primarily because I like the colour..it's blue. :mrgreen:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:55 pm
Purchased my CitizenCon 2947 Trophy to add to the others in my in-game display case. Yes, I know I'm a bit sad. :oops: Was mildly disappointed that there isn't a subscriber version this year.

To add to the sadness I also included the Kastak Arms Custodian SMG - CitizenCon 2947 Edition. Primarily because I like the colour..it's blue. :mrgreen:
Victor, did you leave or get kicked out of Harmnet at one point? I see you now have a pending application which I will quickly accept.

BFett wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 pm
Victor, did you leave or get kicked out of Harmnet at one point? I see you now have a pending application which I will quickly accept.
:lol: No I wasn't punished for any sins, BFett, my banishment was entirely self-imposed. With 3.0 coming soon it seems like a good idea to rejoin. Thanks for doing the necessary. :angel:

Hmm...I now qualify as a "Completionist" in the list of display titles. That's not strictly true as there are still ships I haven't pledged for and have no intention of adding to the fleet. A true completionist, in the world of collecting, would have no such gaps in their collection.

I still wish I had pledged for the ownership of a Million Mile High Club in the very early days of the project. That would have fitted better with my play style of Fresh V in space. :lol:

Yes, I know I've already stated that I intend playing the game as an explorer in a smallish well-appointed ship but, with the passing of real time, even that sounds like it might be hard work. :mrgreen: :angel:

Edit: I'm beginning to think it might be a case of fish tank envy. ;)

The Org system on the website is weird. I wanted to start my own Org and did so and it dropped all my privileges with HARMNET. Not sure why it does that given that there doesn't seem to be any reason why you cannot maintain full privileges on multiple orgs.

TGS wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 pm
The Org system on the website is weird. I wanted to start my own Org and did so and it dropped all my privileges with HARMNET. Not sure why it does that given that there doesn't seem to be any reason why you cannot maintain full privileges on multiple orgs.
I noticed that you had joined the ranks of the plebs, TGS. Welcome to the club. *chuckle*

I received a quality printed version of the Origin Jumpworks 600i brochure in the post yesterday from RSI. It was unexpected, to say the least, but thinking about it I would love to see a print run for all the brochures we've seen in digital format. :)

I know quality printing is expensive but I'm sure there are other collectors who would be prepared to pay to have such items in their collection. :angel:

Edit: I had no idea of the controversy caused by the introduction of the 600i, probably because I rarely visit the RSI site to see those comments about how ill-defined its role is or how badly it compares with other ships which are much cheaper. I pledged for the package containing both ships purely on the grounds that the design is one of a luxurious nature and specifically for that view from the cockpit. :D :D

Fresh V is a decadent soul. :mrgreen:

Yeah when it comes to the 600i or any luxury ship, it's priced accordingly and is just a luxury ship. They aren't meant to be the best in class at anything other than being fancy as far as I'm concerned, any utility you can get out of it is an added bonus.

It was interesting to see he proc gen stuff for Area 17/18 and the like, and with all the 3.0 evocati leaks on the reddit I'm really liking what I've seen so far.
:D

@ BMRX I thought you had deserted us.

I was wondering if you could do something to restore the status of TGS in HARMNET, BMRX? Personally, I don't mind being a pleb but it hasn't gone down well with TGS. I've always found it quite satisfying sweeping the floor of the hangar but I'm a bit weird that way. ;) :angel:

:shifty: I do hope there aren't any lawns to cut or hedges to trim in the game. I fail miserably at staying on top of the gardening stuff. :oops:

Hey folks, here's an hour of video posted by a Star Citizen beta tester. This is from the Alpha 3.0 beta due for general release in a few weeks. The engine is looking amazing, and they've added a lot of content (to the first of 100 systems). Still, a lot of the game play mechanics seem to be coming along nicely, even if there's not a lot of content or promised interstellar travel. Planetary landings are especially nice.
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Online Now