Return to “Games”

Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2956
ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:54 pm
Is this even a space game anymore?
Looks like you're catching on! Are you new to SC or something? It hasn't been a space only game since the kickstarter. But one could argue that it wasn't clear until the planet tech came online as the predictable "What will they do with all that extra space?" question came up.

Results, we can see that you are upset about CIG, SC, and the rest, but try not to be too passionate in your hate. Some of us don't use this thread to only criticize CIG.
:D
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2957
I try to focus on the lols because they are plentiful. It sometimes hurts seeing fellow gamers get taken advantage of, but perhaps it is not much different from paying $500 in micro-transactions.

I definitely think part of the frustration comes from being let down, I quit EVE thinking this would be a replacement.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen ... ling-tanks
Despite the fact that Star Citizen is nowhere near ready and could take forever to be in a releasable state, CIG has decided that what fans need now is a tank. The reveal came as a VIP exclusive so it’s not visible to mere mortals but the image of the full page can be seen below.

With the Squadron 42 stream event thing happening this week the timing is perfect to suck in some more cash and throw out another elaborate idea. Seriously, this is taking the piss a little. With a basic option being $95 going up to $725. CIG, seriously, GTFO.

Again, I will reiterate. Backers should avoid pumping more money into Star Citizen. With the Crytek legal case looming and CIG trying to entice players with new “features” such as the non-existant land acquisition, reveals like this stink of desperation.

If there is one thing that can save CIG it’s Squadron 42 but even then that’s a long shot as we have no idea how far out it is. Perhaps CIG will astound us this week with some actual news on how that’s going but don’t get too excited as the new footage doesn’t tell us very much.
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2958
ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:20 pm
I try to focus on the lols because they are plentiful. It sometimes hurts seeing fellow gamers get taken advantage of, but perhaps it is not much different from paying $500 in micro-transactions.

I definitely think part of the frustration comes from being let down, I quit EVE thinking this would be a replacement.
First off, do you believe any of us here are being taken advantage of? I can gauruntee you that most of us here within the limit theory forums are aware of the risk involved and treat our cash we put in accordingly.

Myself I do not expect to get my money back, what I've put into SC is a lot but still minimal compared to what others here have dropped. However we aren't stupid, we acknowledge that it could very likely fail. However it is more fun to sit here and nerd out about it than to stress over the "what ifs".

If you truly believe that we are being taken advantage of, thus why you rant is such a fashion. I think you might want to read through this whole thread from start to here and hopefully re-evaluate that we aren't blind cultists throwing money at our screens.

Second, I understand your frustration. However as I see it we are no where close to being at the "Failure" point of development. The lines are too blury. Thus I think it's more advantageous to be letdown that it's taking so long, not letdown because it might or might not be a scam, or it might or might not have failed. The simple fact of the matter is that we don't have enough information to make a clear decision.
:D
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2959
ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:20 pm
Despite the fact that Star Citizen is nowhere near ready and could take forever to be in a releasable state, CIG has decided that what fans need now is a tank. .
A TANK? In SC? Best 70 dollars I've ever spent! :D

Seriously, though. The 'always milking, never satisfying' model has been around for a while now, both in the gaming industry and IRL. It's the sad reality we are living in. That's why, despite all the shinies, I've written SC as a financial loss for me. If it gets released, good. If it dies from feature creep, well. Not the first time I lose money due to being overly eager and optimistic.
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2960
BMRX wrote:stuff
Exactly so. That's why I said I'd rather just let people enjoy what they can enjoy. As long as they know and understand the risks beforehand (which I think we all do), it's all fine. It's your money to spend how you want, anyway.
ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:20 pm
I try to focus on the lols because they are plentiful. It sometimes hurts seeing fellow gamers get taken advantage of, but perhaps it is not much different from paying $500 in micro-transactions.

I definitely think part of the frustration comes from being let down, I quit EVE thinking this would be a replacement.
Totally understandable. Being let down, especially after really getting your hopes up, really sucks. :|

And I quit EVE because I didn't find it fun. :D Most people seem to enjoy it, but I just couldn't get into it.
Last edited by Talvieno on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edits
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2962
I ordered my copy of the Jump Point Year 3 Hardcover book to add to the previous volumes. :D I wasn't happy with paying more for postage than I paid for the book but it's a small price to pay to have a print version of the well produced digital magazine. I don't like gaps in my physical collections. :angel:
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2963
BMRX wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:27 pm
First off, do you believe any of us here are being taken advantage of?
Yes. Clearly.

BMRX wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:27 pm
I can gauruntee you that most of us here within the limit theory forums are aware of the risk involved and treat our cash we put in accordingly.
So because you are good with money then your purchase of Star Citizen was wise. You also purposefully ignore the other thousands of backers because you know I can go out and find someone who put in too much or bought in and forgot about it. Your argument is a little foolish because so long as people are still eating the money they've lost on Star Citzen hasn't hurt them too bad.
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2964
I forget if it was their "Road to Citizencon" video or the 2016 holiday livestream where they said they were going to show Squadron 42 (SQ42) gameplay but just couldn't get it polished enough and to check back in January.

Well yesterday CIG was supposed to have their holiday livestream yesterday ready to show SQ42 after an additional year of prep, but cancelled it 40 mins before it was supposed to go live. Throw that on the ever increasing pile of evidence these guys are incompetent. They could start bottling and selling the condensed incompetence, at least that way the backers would get something tangible.

Just lol though, Imagine not being able to show gameplay of your game after 5 years of development. My estimate is that they'll raise an additional 3Million before 2019 because they backers are aggressively pulling the wool over their own eyes.
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2965
I believe there's a difference between canceling and postponing, SonofDerek.. oops...I mean ResultsMayDiffer. :mrgreen:

And you continue to be obnoxious. What is your problem? Personally, I couldn't give a monkeys about what you have to say but at least get your "facts" right. :angel:
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2966
Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 am
I believe there's a difference between canceling and postponing, SonofDerek.. oops...I mean ResultsMayDiffer. :mrgreen:

And you continue to be obnoxious. What is your problem? Personally, I couldn't give a monkeys about what you have to say but at least get your "facts" right. :angel:
I was wondering the same thing.

What brings you to the Limit Theory forums ResultsMayDiffer? I'm sure you know that our members enjoy a variety of games and not solely Star Citizen. And with that knowledge in mind, why try to argue with members here when there are far more (and larger) Star Citizen supportive forums to express your concerns at?
Image
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2967
ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:50 am
So because you are good with money then your purchase of Star Citizen was wise. You also purposefully ignore the other thousands of backers because you know I can go out and find someone who put in too much or bought in and forgot about it. Your argument is a little foolish because so long as people are still eating the money they've lost on Star Citzen hasn't hurt them too bad.
Results maybe I misread, but I'm certain you were speaking about us here on this forum directly your answer to my first question confirms that.

Any crowdfunded game is a risk, I'm sure there are people who think it's not and fail to read the warnings before making any pledges. (Which are available in bold text before pledging for a package).

As for the SQ42 footage, I'm quite happy with what I saw. It was a bit buggy/glitchy in some parts and it was obvious the person playing had run through it multiple times as noted by Naed in IRC but seeing all of this tech working together finally with what seemed like great framerate has put my hype back into motion.

To be fair I was certain they would only show off NPC interactions and maybe talk a bit about lore. Way more than what I expected, was a great show.

EDIT/ Star Citizen 3.0 is available on the PTU for all backers. Requires you follow the normal PTU process (Go to account, copy it to ptu, download the new launcher from ptu invite e-mail after copying, login with ptu password).

Party system seems to be functional!
The heroic mission givers are finally active as well according to patch notes.
Currently watching a stream where he seems to be getting mostly stable framerate between 28 - 33 fps.
Last edited by BMRX on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:D
Post

Re: Star Citizen

#2968
BFett wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:36 pm
What brings you to the Limit Theory forums ResultsMayDiffer? I'm sure you know that our members enjoy a variety of games and not solely Star Citizen. And with that knowledge in mind, why try to argue with members here when there are far more (and larger) Star Citizen supportive forums to express your concerns at?
Be nice Bfett - he's allowed to discuss the game here - after all, so are we :P As long as he can be polite about it.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: Flatfingers, Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron