Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

positron wrote:tomorrow when MISC will have its sale day gonna buy a HULL-B and use the LTI token on it.
have anoter LTI argo cargo to replace with a prospector and i have LTI on mining and trading..and my fleet will be complete.
I hope you managed to complete your mining and trading fleet, positron. :thumbup: :)

I was only interested in the Endeavor base ship in the MISC sale. I really liked the main ship but wasn't interested in the modules so I spent too long making a decision and in the end decided not to get it. It was a poor decision which has now been rectified. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
positron wrote:tomorrow when MISC will have its sale day gonna buy a HULL-B and use the LTI token on it.
have anoter LTI argo cargo to replace with a prospector and i have LTI on mining and trading..and my fleet will be complete.
I hope you managed to complete your mining and trading fleet, positron. :thumbup: :)

I was only interested in the Endeavor base ship in the MISC sale. I really liked the main ship but wasn't interested in the modules so I spent too long making a decision and in the end decided not to get it. It was a poor decision which has now been rectified. :angel:
ofc I did!! it was the first thing I did after I woke up..after that I went to work lol..
so now i have :
Trading : freelancer,Hull-b
Mining : prospector
combat : hornet , buccaneer
exploration : connie Andromeda (p-52 included)
starter ship : Aurora LN , 300i
on ground ops : dragonfly

and that is it , I have ships for every thing I need , I dont like ships which need a crew with more than 5 ppl cause im pretty sure it will be a pain in the ass to get 5 ppl all the time.
now I will patiently wait for 2.6 and the holy grail which is 3.0

shopping list is complete finally.

positron wrote:ofc I did!! it was the first thing I did after I woke up..after that I went to work lol..
so now i have :

and that is it , I have ships for every thing I need , I dont like ships which need a crew with more than 5 ppl cause im pretty sure it will be a pain in the ass to get 5 ppl all the time.

I'm pleased to read that your shopping list is complete, positron. :)

You are aware that you can hire NPC's to fill the gaps in your crew? I'm sure you won't be the only one who will find it hard to get enough real crew members together to man some of the ships that require a heavier crew complement. :angel:

positron wrote:ofc I did!! it was the first thing I did after I woke up..after that I went to work lol..
so now i have :

If I am not indiscreet, may I ask how much you have spent on all those ships? (feel free to approximate. I just want an idea of the sum)
Also, can you buy the same things in-game without using real money? (I imagine that some grinding is to be endured)

Thanks.

fox wrote:
so now i have :

If I am not indiscreet, may I ask how much you have spent on all those ships? (feel free to approximate. I just want an idea of the sum)
Also, can you buy the same things in-game without using real money? (I imagine that some grinding is to be endured)

Thanks.
costs exactly 1045$ in a span of 4 years..
you can buy any ship in SC with in game virtual money (credits) once the game is live.

fox wrote:Also, can you buy the same things in-game without using real money? (I imagine that some grinding is to be endured)
You can buy those same things in-game without using real money, fox. No one outside of CIG knows what amount of grinding will be required to earn the credits required. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
fox wrote:Also, can you buy the same things in-game without using real money? (I imagine that some grinding is to be endured)
You can buy those same things in-game without using real money, fox. No one outside of CIG knows what amount of grinding will be required to earn the credits required. :angel:
just saw a post on CIG forums , its the current speculation/rumors :
with a $1 to 1000 UEC exchange currently

an Aurora EL costing $20 .....would end up being 80,000 UEC on the low end (4x) 200,000 on the high end (10X)
Redeemer $250 1,000,000 2,500,000
Idris $1500 6,000,000 15,000,000
Javelin $3000 12,000,000 30,000,000

positron wrote:just saw a post on CIG forums , its the current speculation/rumors :
Sure, but if it turns out players are actually bypassing the real-money shop, the exchange rate will get worse.
Because it's kind of the whole point of Roberts' Ship Shop. =)

Rumor is they are planning on adding a game to it. I'm not holding my breath.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

:lol: Still cynical after all these years, Gazz?

I'm glad to see you dropping by, I hope life is treating you well. :)

The game is getting there but due to the expanded parameters it's taking longer than the game promised in the KS. I'm still optimistic that it will be worth the wait. ;) :angel:

positron wrote:just saw a post on CIG forums , its the current speculation/rumors :

an Aurora EL costing $20 .....would end up being 80,000 UEC on the low end (4x) 200,000 on the high end (10X)
Redeemer $250 1,000,000 2,500,000
Idris $1500 6,000,000 15,000,000
Javelin $3000 12,000,000 30,000,000
Bear in mind that all ships will be more expensive as the game moves on in its development so the in-game ships will not have the same "price tag" as the ships you buy pre-launch. The most outrageous price hike can be seen with the 890 Jump. The original concept ship was $600 and this re-offering of the ship doesn't have LTI. I'm glad I pledged for it when it was first offered. :angel:
BFett wrote:What is the current time frame for SC anyways? Is it still set for a 2017 release? I'm kind of thinking we might see it in 2018, but I'm not sure.
To be frank, BFett, I don't know. There's lots of information available about progression from one Alpha release to the next though and what's playable now. :)

Edit: This is the current playable now in Alpha 2.5 https://robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list

Victor Tombs wrote::lol: Still cynical after all these years, Gazz?

The game is getting there but due to the expanded parameters it's taking longer than the game promised in the KS. I'm still optimistic that it will be worth the wait. ;) :angel:
Hah. Just poking fun at it. It's big enough a target. =P

They just seem way more busy with the ship shop than with gameplay. *shrug*
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Gazz wrote:

^ This. SC worries me, it just seems to be completely out of control capitalism. It's all about selling stuff and seems at times to forget that it's supposed to be about a game. I backed at the lowest level and I'm glad I did. Until I see an actual game that I can play I'll remain cynical. That said some folks are getting enjoyment out of what's there at the moment and good luck to them!

Philip Coutts wrote:
Gazz wrote:

^ This. SC worries me, it just seems to be completely out of control capitalism. It's all about selling stuff and seems at times to forget that it's supposed to be about a game. I backed at the lowest level and I'm glad I did. Until I see an actual game that I can play I'll remain cynical. That said some folks are getting enjoyment out of what's there at the moment and good luck to them!
It's way too late for me to start thinking like that. :lol: It's worth remembering that unlike smaller projects like LT there is a separate department responsible for marketing the games. And
they do say at almost every opportunity that all you need to play the game is a starter pack. With many of the sales items you are buying into a concept for a ship which will eventually appear in the game. I pledged for the Idris years ago and I'm still waiting for the developers to give me the goods. The ship developers get on with making the game and the marketing department are responsible for enticing the punters to invest in the physical and digital goods. :angel:

Online Now