Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 am
Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 am
Hmm... I suppose I should ask Sandi or Chris. I might have a word about those sandworms while I'm there. :angel:
Please do! And don't forget to report back here. I'm very interested because Chris said "Worm WAS NOT A JOKE"
I've submitted a request for information on the sandworms and the large fish tanks. I will let you know what the reply is. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:31 am
One more comment like that and I'll run you down in my little tank, outlander. *chuckle*
I thought 'what would Victor think' before posting :squirrel: I've decided that, as a man who spent some thousands of dead American presidents on photographic equipment, and some hundreds of them on my collection of fountain pens, I totally can be hypocritical :angel:
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake but it seems my rank of Wing Commander gives me a free in-game Anvil Aerospace F8C Lightning. So that's another asset for the fleet. :D :angel:

Hmm...that Legatus Navium rank would give me this version of the F8:

Concierge Civilian Luxury F8: Always ready to improve upon near-perfection, Anvil has coordinated with the Chairman’s Club to create this stunning work of flying art, the F8C Lightning Executive Edition. The hull has been beautifully accentuated with a unique premium livery, while in the cockpit you’ll find sumptuous gold and metallic detailing, a fitting crown for this king of heavy fighters.

Lots of luxury and, as they say, "stunning work of flying art". It's tempting but I'm still a fair bit short of reaching that level of commitment to the game. I must admit I wouldn't mind having a luxury heavy fighter in my personal, non-sharing fleet. :angel:

And no mention of the Completionist level. That's odd! :? It still shows "Completionist" in my Display Title choices. Don't they at least deserve a token weapon or something of that nature? I know it's a bloody daft title to start with because the Completionist package is anything but complete. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 am
I've submitted a request for information on the sandworms and the large fish tanks. I will let you know what the reply is. :angel:
I'm excited to hear Chris is taking questions directly again. It’s been too long since we’ve been able to gather at the knee of his excellency and bask in his benevolent wisdom.

Since he loves you would you also ask if more funds will ensure delivery of functionality sooner rather than later still holds true in 2018?

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 am
I'm excited to hear Chris is taking questions directly again. It’s been too long since we’ve been able to gather at the knee of his excellency and bask in his benevolent wisdom.

Since he loves you would you also ask if more funds will ensure delivery of functionality sooner rather than later still holds true in 2018?
Why do you come here except to annoy people?

At this point the reddit community is largely self-policing, aided by the draconian moderation and the inherent structure of reddit that silences unpopular opinions. At least here I don't have to wait 10 hours for a Mod to approve each post. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my reddit posts never saw the light of day.

Obviously posting on Spectrum would be an even greater waste of time.

To further answer the question, Star Citizen is my hobby. Maybe one day it will even be a game I can play. But that doesn't look likely in 2018. Too bad backers on the whole tolerate this glacial pace of delivery. At one point I tried to correct this mentality, but failed. Backers have no ability to fire CR even if I was successful, so it was an ill fated mission to start with.

I have a question for Victor Tombs and anybody else who has interest in answering. Pretend Star Citizen does not come out this year, or the next. #1 Are you perfectly happy just dreaming about the game or do you need to play it to get enjoyment? #2 Would you prefer the game never comes out so that you can dream for a few more years?

This comes back to haunt me again and again, is the nagging feeling that the backers do not actually want the game. Here is how I come by that realization:

- The biggest obstacle keeping Star Citizen from being released; in fact is Chris Roberts himself
- If backers truly wanted this game, they would rage hard against Chris - they would demand his removal and his replacement
- Backers do not do this - rather they defend and protect him (by extension defending and protecting the one man completely destroying their dream game)
- Hence they do not want Star Citizen released

Online Now