Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

Arclite wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 am
Here's the Gamescon footage from a few days ago. It's a pretty hackneyed mission, but there's a lot of cool tech in the vid. Here's the thing: They've promised 100 fleshed out systems, and while what they've done so far looks great, they have yet to finish even one system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtdyNFwQWo
Thanks for adding this, Arclite. :thumbup: For the first time, I missed the live coverage of these events.

It seems like another lifetime when I actually watched a lamp for hours waiting for some further action, they've come a long way since then. Even if they still have problems with the technical gremlins. :angel:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm
shiny "new" ship
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... rt-Carrier
They've already confirmed that the Pegasus will not be for sale. Ever. Along with the Bengal. They've said the Javelin will be the largest player ownable ship you can get, but then again once upon a time they said the same about the Idris.

Personally I suspect they'll keep their word this time though. I just can't see them offering those ships for players to buy as they never want players to get to the point where they can challenge the UEE Navy. Also it doesn't really make sense for players to have those ships. Barely makes sense even with their logic that players can buy Idrises and Javelins.

TGS wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:02 am
They've already confirmed that the Pegasus will not be for sale. Ever. Along with the Bengal. They've said the Javelin will be the largest player ownable ship you can get, but then again once upon a time they said the same about the Idris.

Personally I suspect they'll keep their word this time though. I just can't see them offering those ships for players to buy as they never want players to get to the point where they can challenge the UEE Navy. Also it doesn't really make sense for players to have those ships. Barely makes sense even with their logic that players can buy Idrises and Javelins.
didnt they say at some point that theres a bengal or two to find and restore for players ?
as bone to fight over in the PU?

I can breathe a sigh of relief then, TGS. I was fairly sure they wouldn't be selling the Pegasus but as you have observed, one can never tell with Chris and his merry band of game developers. I still can't see the reason why I bought a Javelin but it wouldn't be the first time I've taken leave of my senses. :angel:

:shifty: Perhaps the addition of one of my expressions of mirth would be appropriate here: *chuckle*

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:16 am
TGS wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:02 am

didnt they say at some point that theres a bengal or two to find and restore for players ?
as bone to fight over in the PU?
Yes, and they can 'occupy' them but not own them. They are persistent assets that will remain in space 24/7 even if players aren't there and they are effectively mobile capture points as anyone can come along and try to take it over. They haven't really talked about whether or not they'll be able to be locked or given the standard ACL that they intend to implement but given that such things are intended to be hackable it is expected that those derelict Bengals will need an org to really keep control of.

They won't be insurable either so if you lose it... it's gone. But I imagine with the way they are designing things that it would be insanely hard to lose them entirely.
Victor Tombs wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:16 am
I can breathe a sigh of relief then, TGS. I was fairly sure they wouldn't be selling the Pegasus but as you have observed, one can never tell with Chris and his merry band of game developers. I still can't see the reason why I bought a Javelin but it wouldn't be the first time I've taken leave of my senses. :angel:

:shifty: Perhaps the addition of one of my expressions of mirth would be appropriate here: *chuckle*
I'm actually really glad you bought a Javelin because I absolutely love the deck layout of that ship and would love to see it but I think that might be a bit too much ship for me, and it's a bit too combat focused being a Destroyer and all. An Idris is likely to be much more versatile than the Javelin I suspect. I'm happy with my Idris. Though I'll definitely wanna tour your Javelin :D

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:32 am
what i'd enjoy would be some form of civilian carrier craft, like a mobile spacedock or anything.
because civilian carrier capacity is pretty absent in SC at the moment
You and everyone else lol. Though if they do eventually let us take ships apart you could carry them in a Hull-E :P Just don't expect to be able to reassemble and unload on the fly.

I've just watched the improvements being made to the cockpit experience as featured in the latest, "Around the Verse". It's breathtaking! As someone who has always enjoyed a cockpit experience I couldn't be happier with the amount of detail being built into this aspect of the game. :D

And the announcement of the introduction of the new patcher is more than welcome. I gave up downloading the whole updated game a while back... now I will no longer have to. :angel:

Graf wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 pm
And here I am with my Aurora LN I bought like 3 years ago. :P I can't get decent performance on my laptop at school, but I look forward to whatever optimizations they eventually get around to making.
hah! optimisations!

they cant even get their scaling to work properly

when i set it to 1920x1080 on my 4k screens mouse input is limited to the upper left quarter and multiplied up to the whole screen.
and when i leave the corner mouse input is gone

Graf wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 pm
And here I am with my Aurora LN I bought like 3 years ago. :P I can't get decent performance on my laptop at school, but I look forward to whatever optimizations they eventually get around to making.
Well, if you're not a member of HARMNET already you're welcome to apply for membership, Graf. Once in I doubt if you will have to worry about the limitations of your Aurora LN. I can't be as sure about your laptop though. ;) :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:23 am
Well, if you're not a member of HARMNET already you're welcome to apply for membership, Graf. Once in I doubt if you will have to worry about the limitations of your Aurora LN. I can't be as sure about your laptop though. ;) :angel:
I looked into it, and it definitely seems like something I'd like to join- what are the membership requirements? Do you want my resume? :P
Libertas per Technica

Online Now