Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

The key binding changes are starting to get annoying. I tried taking off from Port Alistair today and ended up ripping one of the legs of my ship off. I didn't have the ability to steer my ship either. So I gave up and closed the game. I have the new key bindings for 2.5 but they don't appear to work.

I remapped some of my keys, and noticed they don't seem to unbind from their previous key. So, now I have a couple of keys that do multiple things :)

Most notably, one of my left mouse buttons is strafe up, which is also deploy flares, and switch to some under ship turret view.

alpan wrote:Kotaku UK has posted a lengthy and fantastic article on Star Citizen's development process; I'd say it qualifies for actual journalism. Now there's an assocİation I never thought I'd make. Don't read into the clickbait title; it's very fair.
Thanks for the link, alpan. I rarely read such long articles in the gaming press but this one was worth the effort. Obviously the author was somewhat constrained by the need to maintain the anonymity of some of the contributors but nonetheless it was a fascinating read. :angel:

didnt saw anything there that doesnt happen in any other company

decisions are made , and delays and blame are a part of every company.

a big project takes about 3-4 years with 100-200 ppl.. so star citizen would take about 6-9 years to finish.

after the 3.0 demo i got a feeling they are now on track and have all the mechanics in place to speed up production.

if ppl think they will see a finish SC in 2017 they have very unrealistic expectations.

with all the features and complexity i hope to see the first Live PU at first quarter of 2019 if we are lucky.

alpan wrote:Kotaku UK has posted a lengthy and fantastic article on Star Citizen's development process; I'd say it qualifies for actual journalism. Now there's an assocİation I never thought I'd make. Don't read into the clickbait title; it's very fair.
Thanks alpan, that was quite a lengthy read. I think, contrary to other articles I've read that either bash or praise CIG, this one gave a better perspective on what they have gone through and the decisions that have been made that have brought CIG to where they are today.
Star Citizen is the biggest crowdfunding success in history. The story of its development so far, rocky as it has been, is fascinating – and, as we’ve discovered, much more complex than it looks from outside. But sooner or later, Roberts and his team have to deliver a game, or all of this will be just a prelude to the most expensive failed development of all time.
Yes, it is fascinating, and I do hope CIG is able to bring this beast into the world :D
old-fashioned :ghost:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
NonBritGit wrote:
positron wrote: with all the features and complexity i hope to see the first Live PU at first quarter of 2019 if we are lucky.
Jeebus, I ain't getting any younger! These multi-year-long game delays will see me into retirement years!

See it positive! You'll have more time for playing :)
Indeed! I plan to spend all my Golden Years in Star Citizen and Elder Scrolls 6-7, wearing my VR outfit and strapped to a gyro 24/7. Unless I end up travelling to Mars that is :ghost:

...On second thought, I could bring the VR outfit and gyro to Mars. Ping to CIG servers are expected to be exceptionally high though.
old-fashioned :ghost:

Lol the latest 'around the verse' for Star Citizen was shown yesterday and they showed off a very early iteration of the 'active ping' mechanic as essentially a golf swing kind of gimmick, and people are slamming it on the forums. The amusing part is that they are referencing one of the Limit Theory updates as an example of a 'good' system for scanning.

It is very interesting, given that the system in question probably hasn't even been re-implemented in LT yet.

Online Now