Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

Apparently the MISC Prospector, the smaller mining ship many of us have been anticipating, is coming on Friday! And be sure to check your e-mail if you're a backer. I had a $5 coupon from CIG which can be used either on the current Military Ship sale or held for the Prospector (which for me is a far more attractive option. Already have my Orion but it pays to diversify!)

Victor Tombs wrote:I didn't see a demonstration of largesse from CIG, Matt. It's obviously something exclusively for their beloved subscribers. This doesn't bode well for them in regards to another ship sale to me. :angel:

I think I did a reasonable job of being polite to them.
That's very strange. :? The bottom of the e-mail said I received it because I had participated in their April Fools Day event. The one where they were supposedly 'selling' the food delivery version of the MISC Reliant? It doesn't seem to have gone out simply to subscribers.

Matthew Cason wrote:That's very strange. :? The bottom of the e-mail said I received it because I had participated in their April Fools Day event. The one where they were supposedly 'selling' the food delivery version of the MISC Reliant? It doesn't seem to have gone out simply to subscribers.
It isn't strange, Matt. As I didn't take part in the April Fools Day event I didn't get an e-mail. I'm just having a rant about how CIG are always sucking up to the subscribers. :angel:

I won't be throwing anything at my monitor, Matt. It's brand new and deserves some respect. ;)

I'm pleased to read you are adding the Prospector to your fleet. :thumbup: :)

I have zero interest in mining so I will keep my cash for something more to my liking. :angel:

Probably a physical boxed game not related to Star Citizen.

Victor Tombs wrote:I won't be throwing anything at my monitor, Matt. It's brand new and deserves some respect. ;)

I'm pleased to read you are adding the Prospector to your fleet. :thumbup: :)

I have zero interest in mining so I will keep my cash for something more to my liking. :angel:

Probably a physical boxed game not related to Star Citizen.
Mining and trading are the aspects of the game I'm most excited about, so the Prospector was right up my street. As for physical boxed games? Mercy, I can't remember the last time I saw one of those. Not for the PC, anyhow. Getting harder and harder to find them in stores, unless it's World of Warcraft or the MMO of the month.

Matthew Cason wrote:The Prospector is out! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Unearthed

And it's configured for PLANETSIDE mining, which I find very exciting, given how large the planets are going to be and the untold opportunities there for mining. Threw money at my monitor without a second thought for this one.
A mining ship will always need protection to avoid piracy. I hope it will not drastically decrease mining profits to almost nothing.

davdav wrote:
A mining ship will always need protection to avoid piracy. I hope it will not drastically decrease mining profits to almost nothing.
I think it depends where you are in the game universe. Certain systems will be quite secure, and even certain planets within relatively lawless systems. Me, I plan to go the minimal risk route. It may not be as immediately profitable but I'd sooner keep my ship (even with LTI) than risk getting blown out of the stars every 5 minutes by some NPC pirate. As for players I don't expect that will be a problem. There will be multiple configurable means (read: slider bars) to individually tailor the frequency of hostile player encounters you want to be subject to. For myself, I'll be setting that sucker as low as possible.

Matthew Cason wrote:
davdav wrote:
I think it depends where you are in the game universe. Certain systems will be quite secure, and even certain planets within relatively lawless systems. Me, I plan to go the minimal risk route. It may not be as immediately profitable but I'd sooner keep my ship (even with LTI) than risk getting blown out of the stars every 5 minutes by some NPC pirate. As for players I don't expect that will be a problem. There will be multiple configurable means (read: slider bars) to individually tailor the frequency of hostile player encounters you want to be subject to. For myself, I'll be setting that sucker as low as possible.
You think there will be PvP free zones ?

davdav wrote:
There will be secure areas where engaging in PvP will be an effective death sentence, yep. The game is being designed to avoid the kind of universal ganking and griefing that has destroyed EvE online. The GoonSquad has been one of the largest supporters of Derek Smart's inane rantings for that very reason. They want to see the game fail beacuse it won't allow them to hold high security space hostage in SC as they have done in EvE.

Matthew Cason wrote:
davdav wrote:
There will be secure areas where engaging in PvP will be an effective death sentence, yep. The game is being designed to avoid the kind of universal ganking and griefing that has destroyed EvE online. The GoonSquad has been one of the largest supporters of Derek Smart's inane rantings for that very reason. They want to see the game fail beacuse it won't allow them to hold high security space hostage in SC as they have done in EvE.
great!

Online Now