Return to “Games”

Re: Torment: Tides of Numenara

I backed this also.

What I loved about that mash-up of animated scenes the most was:

1. The way the interface was somehow both new but also hearkened back to the way it looked in the original Black Isle (et al) games. The text colouring and all the UI elements bring back so many memories for me but still feels fresh.
2. The way it feels like a Torment game but set in a new universe... it's hard to explain but I had the distinct impression of it being very much like the original but better.

I'm eagerly anticipating the release of this one... perhaps even more than Pillars of Eternity.

Indeed, PS:T is my favourite game of all time. Besides the absolutely fascinating world and the deeply personal story -- unmatched to this day -- I've always felt that more games should exploit novel-like writing -- that is to say, not just character dialogue, but also descriptions of their physical appearances, expressions, movements, as well as other subleties. I think that's why I really liked the recent Shadowrun Returns, too, even though by all accounts the Dead Man's Switch campaign is meh (looking forward to playing Dragonfall soon!). It adds just so much character, so much immersion.

I was happy to see the pre-alpha footage follow this direction, too. It can't be too bad.

If you have limited means you could wait for a sale. GOG has sales frequently and almost certainly will put Torment on sale around the Christmas holidays.

If you simply must have it as soon as possible, I will buy the game for you on GOG if you ask nicely and explain why $9.99 is a prohibitive price for you.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Soooo. Planescape:Torment is $9.99... which means I'll need to win LTFC twice if I'm going to get it... on second thought, it might not really be such a viable option. :\
The Tombinator is proving a £5.99 voucher. Torment is £5.99.

:twisted:
That sounds about right, yes. :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Tom wrote:If you have limited means you could wait for a sale. GOG has sales frequently and almost certainly will put Torment on sale around the Christmas holidays.

If you simply must have it as soon as possible, I will buy the game for you on GOG if you ask nicely and explain why $9.99 is a prohibitive price for you.
Nooooo. I don't have to have it "as soon as possible", it's all right. Thank you for the offer, though. :) I'm not sure if I'll win, but you never know - I might. Even if I don't, I wouldn't ask you to buy it for me. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now