Return to “Games”

Re: Reassembly

Talvieno wrote:Somebody should. :P Am I right that it lets you play other factions now?
It does. :shh: :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Talvieno wrote::D :squirrel:

So... how different are they? Do you have to make completely different strategies when you switch between them?
I've only really played heavily with one faction, the boring standard one. But they're all very different. Like the dark blue/purple ones have very strong armour and no shields, and kill you using insane amounts of fast firing weapons. One of the green ones grows stuff and turns it into resources as far as I can gather.

Then there are the mod factions............. :twisted:

I..... I only just found out you can build your own stations. :|

In other news, I modified my flagship again to emphasise bullet spam over massive spinally mounted beam cannons.

Which is nice. Then I stumbled on some ships, similarly designed to my own, which kicked my arse.

That wasn't so nice. :twisted:

Image My first ship design that I'm not ashamed to share:

I present the HarvestMan, the Farmer faction's default 30p cargo boat upgraded to a 300p beauty featuring some light armour, 2 shields, 2 tractors and 2 cheap liddle point-defence turrets.
It also accommodates hitchhiker plants.:)
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Talvieno wrote:This looks cool. :D So you can have plants grow on ships? Is it helpful?
They produce P, if I recall correctly. :ghost: :shh:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Talvieno wrote:This looks cool. :D So you can have plants grow on ships? Is it helpful?
It can screw up your manoeuvring pretty badly if it throws off centre of mass. But it's an excellent way to propagate plant life (and consequently wealth).
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Yah, I thought they produced 'Arrrrrrrrrr'? I've not really done much the plant faction though. :squirrel:

My latest monstrosity. I think I'll stick with this design, it has the appropriate balance between beam spam, bullet spam and ability to take hits and keep firing.

And in action....

It was a long fight.... But slightly one sided.

Online Now