Return to “Games”

Re: Reassembly

I have to agree, personally.
But, i've never been a fan of those t-shirts and stuff anyway... They cost a lot to send and don't really add anything worthwhile. i'm sure collectors have a lot of fun with those though. Me, I just want a few keys to give away in the contest. If there were beta keys, i could give them away sooner...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Talvieno wrote:I think they could've gotten a lot better funding if they'd increased the rewards additively instead of dropping things the farther up they went. Some of the spacing seems a bit high, and some of the rewards a bit pricey for what you're getting in return. But I'm just being nitpicky. I don't know much about Kickstarter anyway. :P
Rewards are tough, and some of the rewards were added later on, so you can't change the ones already there.

I'm sure we could have raised more funding if we had lower prices on the physical goods, but we also would be making them at cost then and leaving no money for the project, which means we would essentially be selling merchandise instead of making a game. It's tough to find the right balance there, but we (almost) made it and now we'll see if we can reach the first stretch goal in the 3 days remaining!

IndieVoyage wrote:Rewards are tough, and some of the rewards were added later on, so you can't change the ones already there.

I'm sure we could have raised more funding if we had lower prices on the physical goods, but we also would be making them at cost then and leaving no money for the project, which means we would essentially be selling merchandise instead of making a game. It's tough to find the right balance there, but we (almost) made it and now we'll see if we can reach the first stretch goal in the 3 days remaining!
I'm actually glad the rewards aren't cheaper. If the rewards are too cheap, you may find yourself inundated with no overhead or too many backers just in it for the simple things and nothing more. I like it when projects have higher tiers and don't go too low. It means that the fan base has commitment.

Take it like this; you will have dedicated fans backing you much the same way Josh has his fans here. A dedicated fanbase will help save you when the chips are down and you need that last bit of strength to push through.

I wish you luck on your project. :thumbup:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

It's exactly because of the overhead on physical rewards that I would have appreciated more rewards that were about the game.
Bigger packs, larger beta key packs, and so on. Or perhaps a system that allows you to buy extra keys with extra donations, and so on.

That being said. I wish you the best! You're almost there, and i'm rooting for ya!
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

As to the spacing, I was referring more to the higher tier rewards than the lower tier ones. There are a lot of tiers that don't have any backers at all - I assume because people felt they were a wee bit too pricey. You guys still have time to lower the three no-backer tiers, if you plan on doing so:
Digital bundle + Design a new enemy faction component + design a default enemy ship ($500)
Digital bundle + Design a new player faction component ($1,000)
Digital bundle + Design a new faction ($2,500)

And: Stretch goals. Image It's going to get funded in time!!! Woot! :D :thumbup: Only $24 left.

Edit: They made it!!!! :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

IndieVoyage wrote:Just added the stretch goals to the main page now that we have reached the goal.

Thanks for the support everyone, we're funded! We got a noticeable bump from these forums too, according to the Kickstarter analytics.
Congrats on the funding! Here's to you! :clap:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Noooo! I gots distracted by the LT update and forgot to pledge! :(

damn, guess I will have to wait for it to come out.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now