Return to “Games”

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas

Flatfingers wrote:Finally, like Oblivion and Skyrim, F3 and FNV allow you to fast travel to any point-of-interest location you've previously discovered.
I will pretend that I didn't read that profanity. :problem:
Lum wrote:Oh that intro...
One of my favourites intros ever. Enjoy the game! :thumbup:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Flatfingers wrote:Oblivion was the first TES game I played.

Wow, was it ever satisfying.
Daggerfall was the first one I ever played. :V
You should be ashamed. :ghost:

Daggerfall was awesome.
Climbing buildings, robbing stores of all their loot, then reselling it to the store the next day.
Crafting magic, and like 12 button presses to cast a spell.
That feeling when you screwed up your starting questions and didn't get the Ebony Dagger and get murdered by a rat. xD

OH GOD THE RAT SQUEAKS! One of the few things that still scare me, is the squeaking of rats in Daggerfall.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I really wanted to play this game. The waiting for just this GOG-sale moment in time and now I can play the game because I'm doing other things. Arghgghgh. Well, it'll be there, DRM-free and mine for the future. I can wait :ghost:

Silver, there are rats and then there are Daggerfall rats. If you don't have a falling dagger over them, you're a dead man. The logic is sound :mrgreen:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Silverware wrote:

Not TES: Arena? You should be ashamed. ;)

Actually, to this day I still don't know how I missed playing the early TES games. By their features, they were well within my wheelhouse; but for some reason I was never even aware of them until Oblivion.

Incidentally, Gamasutra was playing Oblivion today (I think on Twitch) with its lead designer, "Uncle Ken" Rolston.

Who was also a designer of Morrowind.

And Paranoia.

#legendarygamedesigners

Flatfingers wrote:
Silverware wrote:

Not TES: Arena? You should be ashamed. ;)

Actually, to this day I still don't know how I missed playing the early TES games. By their features, they were well within my wheelhouse; but for some reason I was never even aware of them until Oblivion.

Incidentally, Gamasutra was playing Oblivion today (I think on Twitch) with its lead designer, "Uncle Ken" Rolston.

Who was also a designer of Morrowind.

And Paranoia.

#legendarygamedesigners

Na, Arena was crap. :V

The games up till oblivion were poorly advertised, mostly didnt get seen by many people.
Which is a major shame. Most of the "long time" fans got on board with either morrowind or oblivion.
I still remember how exciting it was to see Morrowind's development get revealed. Shit that was cool in it's day.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now