Return to “Games”

(Theme) Parkitect KS

Aaaaand there are (hopefully) 40CAD/28€ on their way from my wallet to the lovely creators of this theme park simulation game.

(Theme) Parkitect is a game in development for ~4 months as far as I know and is know asking for money on the kickstarters.

I could tell you a lot about it (e.g. simulated rollercoaster physics) but its probably for the best if you check out their Kickstarter page. :D
I like the simple art style a lot and the management and supply part is certainly going to be very interesting. :D

What do you think of this project? I for once would love to see it succeding.
Re: (Theme) Parkitect KS

It looks like a very nice Rollercoaster Tycoon style game, but I like the idea of having to do the "behind the schenes" work like making staff pathways and stuff too. I'll read the dev logs and maybe kickstart it.
-Keon-

(I don't have any funny quotes to put here yet. Somebody say something funny.)

Backed.

I love these types of games so much. I loved RCT 1 and 2. Hated 3.

And if Steam's been any indication, Grumble will be backing this too. ;)

On a side note, prior to this, I've been following FreeRCT but it's been going along very slowly.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Keon wrote:
DWMagus wrote:Hated 3.
It's been a while since I played 1 or 2, but I remember younger-me thinking that 3 was great. What did you not like about it?

(Also in unrelated RCT news, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_World is coming and it won't have microtransactions but may have multiplayer or something?)
I didn't like 3 because it felt like too much of a departure from 1 and 2 and it felt like it strived for too much and fell short. I didn't know about RCT World, but it'll be interesting to see.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

It's out, btw. :D (Monster necro, haha)

Released on 29th of November on GOG, Steam, Humble Store.

Reviewers seem to really like it: RockPaperShotgun, Destructoid, Eurogamer

My personal experience: It's lovely :) I am having a great time with the campaign scenarios. It is very pretty for the player, but the guests always need some convincing through well made decorations.
The steam workshop works great with the game. You can share blueprints of rides, or just decorations and nearly instantaneously use them ingame after subscribing.

The music is great, as well, with cool sound effects.

My only complaint right now is a bit in the user interface area. I think whilst the system for most decorations and scenery objects is fine, there could be some improvements made. I might try to sketch an alternative idea to the 'standard' lists of objects myself and see how that will sit with the devs. The devs are also very responsive to issues brought up on the subreddit, discord and steam forums.

Therefore, I can only recommend it :)

I have to admit I've been following their development since I backed it. Played many of their demos and updates, and honestly it's come together very nice.

If you're fan of RCT 1 and 2 and the more isometric tycoon games, picking this game up is a no-brainer.

Online Now