Return to “Games”

Re: Shallow Space

Uh oh. That doesn't bode well. :? I hope he didn't undergo a burnout like Josh did.

edit: Nevermind, have some news.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/ ... d&aid=9626
Hey there,

Things are OK thanks, we've just had to take a break from development as we're testing a few things (namely multiplayer,) we have a new developer who will be settling in shortly and I personally needed a bit of a break from it all.

We should resume updates shortly.

Thanks!

James
That's from May, though.
Last edited by Talvieno on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edits
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 pm
Uh oh. That doesn't bode well. :? I hope he didn't undergo a burnout like Josh did.
The community on Steam seems to think this is the case. I've since removed Shallow Space from my Steam Wishlist since it would appear that the game has died. It's too bad to because I was getting close to purchasing it.

Added to my list of early access burns. Maybe this one will prevent me from buying into these things in the future? The developer just seemed like he was active enough to trust in, and I really would like an open world Homeworld style game at some point. Playing HW Complex on a really huge map isn't quite the same thing.
Libertas per Technica

I think he intended to follow through as well- I'm just suprised he hasn't said "sorry folks, I can't continue on this right now." He seemed like he had been trying to be honest with his customers and such. I actually hope he is alright and that something hasn't happened to him.
Libertas per Technica

Maybe the dev could release the existing code to the masses and let them develop something on top of the technology. From what I saw, I would think that several skilled modders or at least programmers could make something cool from it.

It's a shame this game has died. I was very very close to buying it the last time it went on sale. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that there hadn't been any recent patches, which served as a red flag.

BFett wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:05 pm
Maybe the dev could release the existing code to the masses and let them develop something on top of the technology. From what I saw, I would think that several skilled modders or at least programmers could make something cool from it.
It's made in Unity, so that should be easy for them to do.

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now