Return to “Games”

Shallow Space

RPS have posted some comments about a Greenlighted 3D RTS space combat game, Shallow Space.

The creators of this game (or at least their web site) have annoyed me by shrugging at site problems when using Internet Explorer and saying "use something else." Laziness at best.

[Edit: this criticism has been more than addressed by the developer and should be ignored. The game itself is looking good.]

That said, the game itself may be worth a look.
Last edited by Flatfingers on Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Shallow Space

Flatfingers wrote:RPS have posted some comments about a Greenlighted 3D RTS space combat game, Shallow Space.

The creators of this game (or at least their web site) have annoyed me by shrugging at site problems when using Internet Explorer and saying "use something else." Laziness at best.

That said, the game itself may be worth a look.
Internet Explorer isolates itself by failing to adopt standards set by the rapidly changing landscape that is internet browsing. In order to make the site compatible I would have to spend countless hours pissing about and frankly; I would rather focus on making the game rather than pander to Microsoft.

Nothing against my user base that choose to use IE but; get a better browser.

I design and manage the site, I create and administer the content and I also make the game and coordinate the artists, musicians, PR and story. I'm not asking for a medal, I'm sure the rewards will arrive when the time is right, but dude; cut me some bloody slack would you?

Cornflake (where you been man?!) and MP X10L thanks for fighting the corner lads ;)
Last edited by Mawhrin-skel on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mawhrin-skel wrote:
Flatfingers wrote: [snip]
[snip]

Nothing against my user base but; get a better browser.

I design and manage the site, I create and administer the content and I also make the game and coordinate the artists, musicians, PR and story. I'm not asking for a medal, I'm sure the rewards will arrive when the time is right, but dude; cut me some bloody slack would you?
First off, that's a sweet-can moniker you've taken, sir. Kudos where they're due.

Also, must agree in despising Internet Explorer's clunky ways.. I tend to ignore its existence with disdain.

[rant]
However!
(I went up and reread Flatfingers' comment, and I can understand it provoking you.)
But,
be advised that rude/dismissive posturing directed toward this highly esteemed member of these forums
is exceedingly unlikely to gain you favour in our eyes.
[/rant]

Sorry Flat. :oops: I'll try to restrain myself better in the future.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

I dunno, I kind of respect a guy who'll make an account here to join in on a conversation. Welcome to the forums, by the way. :wave: I too shall join you in despising Internet Explorer - I've used it once, and once only - for playing some game I can't remember the name of... Quake Live, I think it was. (Fun game, but I was terrible.)

But yeah, Flatfingers is much respected. Don't feel like we're attacking you - we're really not. You can usually tell when you're being singled out by members of the LT forum. :P Right now we're just saying we like your game, though we value everyone having access to something. There will always be people who aren't willing to switch from IE, sad as that may be, and to them it simply isn't fair, right? I think that's all Flatfingers was trying to say. :) Again, welcome. It looks like it's shaping up to be a gorgeous game.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Cheers guys, I think I've fallen foul of the written word. I guess I was trying to be a bit more jokey than it might have come across, in retrospect I shouldn't have used the word 'bloody' it was unnessecary and standoffish.

I really appreciate the welcome and already feel the warmth of this community, Josh is lucky to have you all. I also deeply respect what that guy has done and would go as far as saying the he has influenced me somewhat to making Shallow Space.

Sometimes I read a comment like the IE one and roll my eyes and feel the need to speak out. It's a ludicrous amount of work making this game and I have to prioritise. I'm also armed with facts like 95% of people that visit my blog use Safari, Firefox or Chrome. I hate to abstract people to figures but it would just be a waste of my time fixing it and it urked me that someone would taint an otherwise positive reaction because of it.

Anyways I'm rambling, my interaction here will be limited as I don't believe in peddling my goods in another mans patch. But limit theory is an extraordinary undertaking by an extraordinary individual - I just wonder if he is as much of a social retard as me!!

Mawhrin-skel wrote: in retrospect I shouldn't have used the word 'bloody' it was unnessecary and standoffish.
Yah, you bloody well shouldn't have. =P

Is there a forum for this? The main site doesn't link to one.
(not interested in twitter, youtube, or somesuch for actual communication)

Oh, I found it. Just not in a permanent link but in some sort of news box.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Online Now