Return to “Games”

Re: Starpoint Gemini 2

Heh, Tal, let me know how it works for your new computer. I've had issues running it at full screen among other things like bug crashes. If you guys know of patches or ways to work around the problems this game seems to have please let me know. I'd like to get my moneys worth out of it.

Gosh, I wonder if I could issue a refund request now that the game is free for a time.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:what would a refund request do for a free game? :V

I think steam keeps track of what you specifically paid for a game. ( You can see the purchase history so why store it elsewhere in there DB other than with the game license for your account )

Would be nice to actually see the sum of this number myself, I want to see how much moolah I have sunk into games on steam total. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Silverware wrote: Would be nice to actually see the sum of this number myself, I want to see how much moolah I have sunk into games on steam total. :V
https://steamdb.info/calculator/
I know, but this fluctuates based on current prices.
Not how much money I *actually* paid.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Cornflakes_91 wrote:what would a refund request do for a free game? :V
It would probably produce several laughs over at Valve. However, since I paid money for the game I was speculating that I could get my money back since the game is currently free. I was joking more than being serious about the refund.

Still, I'd like to hear how best to play starpoint and the best way to have fun without crashing the game.

Had an hour to kill, so I decided to fire up the shiny new game to see what it's like. Spent ten minutes reading text tutorial, which is the literal worst possible method of tutorial, but almost everyone does it that way, so meh. :shifty:

Story stuff seems to be going, nothing big yet. I'm told by arbitrary text on the screen to fly to yonder planet in the background. I accelerate to maximum airplaneinspace speed, and notice that the planet is taking a long while to get close. I open whatever they decided to call the starmap, and click on the waypoint for the planet. There's a go-to button, so I intelligently click on it. Some female voice (crew? pilot? autopilot? imaginary friend?) says the ship is now flying there, and the big 'ol hunk of metal makes good on its word, spooling up the drives to a camera-shaking, refraction-toting sort of warp drive.

Apparently a pirate ship turned up, so I have a free excuse to try the pewpew. I'd completely forgotten all the controls already, but I figured out how to fly and which button was the fire control before his first shots arrived. I'm not entirely sure that he ever hit me. A couple minutes later, he goes boom from my pulse cannon looking thingies. Fairly pretty engagement, handy UI had obvious shield/hull indicators on him, weapons aimed where I pointed, blah blah polish yak yak smoothness yammer yammer. Re-engaged the autopilot thingy.

And it flew me right into the planet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Decided to try again tomorrow, it's almost me bedtime. Seemed pretty fun, but I'm gonna have to figure out how to trust the autopilot less. I got used to I-War 2, which is really good at dodging those pesky little planets that get in your way. Obviously it's pretty tough to avoid something that moves so quickly. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

fox wrote:Starpoint Gemini 2 is free on Steam until May 24th.
It is a givaway, not just a free weekend to test the game.

How to: login to Steam, click to install the game, done.
The game is forever in your Library as if you have bought it. You do not need to actually install and play it.
More info about it
Thanks, picked it up :D
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now