Return to “Games”

Humble Store & Bundle

sooooo i was just wondering (where to post this) what you guys think about the humble store, and the humble bundles.

The current one is from 2k games with games like The Darkness II, x-com, specops the line bioshock 1 u. 2 and infinite etc.

luckily i resisted the urge to buy this games on the steamsale :ghost: and only ever played bioshock 2 so this bundle is pretty awesome for me.

So since my internet is slow as hell, i would like some opinions (if the games are good, why/why not, did you buy the bundle to etc :P)
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus
Re: Humble Store & Bundle

Charley_Deallus wrote:
Philip Coutts wrote:Thought I'd pop this here, new Humble bundle is a pile of starwars games:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gallery&u ... 9-99282653
Some good ones there. I either own(ed) or played them all :p Sad they jumped from Dark Forces and skipped Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast.
Well, there's still some "mystery games" in that bundle that haven't been revealed. Seeing the lineup so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jedi Knight popping up.
That, or Lego Star Wars. ;)

-Hardenberg
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Kambalo wrote:How safe is to buy from that website.
The humble store?

Safe, I've bought FTL and Tomb Raider GOTY edition from it, I've also bought multiple humble bundles.
You always get almost immediately a mail confirming your purchase, with a download link, bought games can be seen on your account and redownloaded if necessary, many games (most) however are activated through steam.
The site also has 2-factor authentication for your account.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Hardenberg wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:
Philip Coutts wrote:Thought I'd pop this here, new Humble bundle is a pile of starwars games:

Some good ones there. I either own(ed) or played them all :p Sad they jumped from Dark Forces and skipped Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast.
Well, there's still some "mystery games" in that bundle that haven't been revealed. Seeing the lineup so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jedi Knight popping up.

-Hardenberg
Yeah, do they tend to reveal those or just leave it up to chance? :p Either way, I have played the entire Kyle Katarn series of the Star Wars Universe(Eleventy billion times) and loved every bit of it (I'll admit, Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2 are a bit dated now :p but classic for me.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:
Yeah, do they tend to reveal those or just leave it up to chance? :p Either way, I have played the entire Kyle Katarn series of the Star Wars Universe(Eleventy billion times) and loved every bit of it (I'll admit, Dark Forces and Dark Forces 2 are a bit dated now :p but classic for me.
They reveal them before the bundle is over iirc.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cha0zz wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:
They reveal them before the bundle is over iirc.
For the two week bundles (the main bundle - like this one) they always reveal any mystery games at the mid-way point - so this upcoming Tuesday - possibly at about 6/7pm UTC, although I've never watched the time that closely.

Must be a good way to generate renewed interest in the bundle during the second week, or for those on the fence :)

Hardenberg wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:

-Hardenberg

Good call, they did see Jedi Knight and Outcast pop up. I have to say, who thinks this is quite the tempting bundle? Seeing as how my current rig has no CD drive and is past the age of playing physical copies?
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:
Hardenberg wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote: Some good ones there. I either own(ed) or played them all :p Sad they jumped from Dark Forces and skipped Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast.

-Hardenberg

Good call, they did see Jedi Knight and Outcast pop up. I have to say, who thinks this is quite the tempting bundle? Seeing as how my current rig has no CD drive and is past the age of playing physical copies?
Amazingly I missed out on playing 75% of the Star Wars games listed the first time around - so last week I took the opportunity to grab the full bundle :) Definitely a bundle worth owning.

I'm looking forward to playing some of them at the end of my current development contract. Deathmarch phase at the moment, so I shouldn't really be sparing time to check the LT forums (but a "topic updated" email dropped in my lap) ;)

Online Now