Return to “Games”

Post

Re: Underworld Ascendant

#166
ShadowTiger wrote:Am I the only one who would be happy with the same engine and graphics and Underworld 2? Even Underworld 1?
...
I'm with you. Imagine the same wonderful pixelated goodness, only with support for higher resolutions and smoother controls...

And Rift support ;)
old-fashioned :ghost:
Post

Re: Underworld Ascendant

#168
Welcome back, Victor! You were missed.

The folks doing business now as OtherSide Entertainment (as in, "what's on the other side of the looking glass?") have said that, having gotten the band back together, they want to be making games for years to come.

If Underworld Ascendant does well enough, I would be very surprised if a game in the System Shock or Thief molds wasn't next in line.

And the fact that someone was finally able to get System Shock 2 on GOG by negotiating successfully with both rights-holders gives me a tiny kernel of hope that OtherSide might even be able to call it System Shock 3.

That would be something.

In the meantime, the OtherSide forums are buzzing with ideas for Underworld Ascendant. Not all of them are contradictory, even. :)
Post

Re: Underworld Ascendant

#170
Flatfingers wrote:Welcome back, Victor! You were missed.

The folks doing business now as OtherSide Entertainment (as in, "what's on the other side of the looking glass?") have said that, having gotten the band back together, they want to be making games for years to come.

If Underworld Ascendant does well enough, I would be very surprised if a game in the System Shock or Thief molds wasn't next in line.

And the fact that someone was finally able to get System Shock 2 on GOG by negotiating successfully with both rights-holders gives me a tiny kernel of hope that OtherSide might even be able to call it System Shock 3.

That would be something.

In the meantime, the OtherSide forums are buzzing with ideas for Underworld Ascendant. Not all of them are contradictory, even. :)

Thiiiiiiief.....thiiiiief

I'll stick to these forums. New territory scares me :p Be our envoy on their forums for us.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus
Post

Re: Underworld Ascendant

#171
Thanks for the welcome back, Flat.

From what you say it sounds rather promising for my new System Shock game. As you know, I always enjoy good news. :thumbup: :D

I'm also pleased to read that you have found another exciting place to practice your legendary skills. :angel: I will be lurking there occasionally but I doubt if I will be joining any other forums. The Limit Theory forums have provided me with more than enough insight into the world of the forumite. ;)
Post

Re: Underworld Ascendant

#174
Victor Tombs wrote:
Scytale wrote:Also hello again Victor good to have you back
You're certainly the friendliest Face Dancer I know, Scytale. Thanks! :D

:shifty: And at the risk of being accused of intentional derailment, did you manage to get your first taste of Marmite? :)
Victor, would you believe I actually dreamt about having a conversation with you about this? Perfectly bizarre! In any case, unfortunately not, it's been harder to get my hands on it here than I'd thought. I will however keep looking and will let you know at the first possible opportunity!

Also, are we Face Dancers not allowed just a little um... False bonhomie? :P
Post

Re: Underworld Ascendant

#176
Scytale wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:did you manage to get your first taste of Marmite? :)
unfortunately not, it's been harder to get my hands on it here than I'd thought. I will however keep looking and will let you know at the first possible opportunity!
Ha. I don't know how it was described to you, but be aware that Marmite (and its [more|less] evil cousin Vegemite) are not only highly divisive within the given countries where they are available; but that each one may (I am informed) taste radically different from the identically-named product in another country.

So it's certainly possible that you'll love it :) Reactions do vary, however. (n.b. Link might be slightly NSFW.)
Last edited by Employee 2-4601 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post

Re: Underworld Ascendant

#177
Employee 2-4601 wrote:
Scytale wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:did you manage to get your first taste of Marmite? :)
unfortunately not, it's been harder to get my hands on it here than I'd thought. I will however keep looking and will let you know at the first possible opportunity!
Ha. I don't know how it was described to you, but be aware that Marmite (and its [more|less] evil cousin Vegemite) are not only highly divisive within the given countries where they are available; but that each one may (I am informed) taste radically different from the identically-named product in another country.

So it's certainly possible that you'll love it :) Reactions do vary, however.
As an Australian, I am familiar with Vegemite, don't worry =P I am psychologically prepared for Marmite - it's in the interest of qualifying (and if possible, quantifying) the difference in taste that I have this quest to find some Marmite.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron