Return to “Games”

Re: Underworld Ascension

It was perhaps some kind of meta-commentary that the real way to win that game is to play a gray stone.

My favorite joke in UU2, though, was the level in which everything was rendered in wire-frame mode as an homage to the earliest 3D games.

The funny part was running into an irate wire-frame goblin named A.I. Crunchowicz... whose name was remarkably similar to that of the hero of Wolfenstein 3D, B.J. Blazkowicz. ;)

Just a quick reminder that the Kickstarter for Underworld Ascendant starts in a few hours.

A lot of the old Looking Glass team, as well as some fresh faces, have been saying things that give me confidence in what they're going to present tomorrow.

If you've ever enjoyed games like Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief, Deus Ex, and the more thoughtful aspects of more modern games like BioShock, Oblivion/Skyrim, and Dishonored, the DNA infusing all the good stuff in those games is what will be inside Underworld Ascendant.

There are no guarantees with this stuff, of course. But UA has the best shot at getting the Immersive Sim right as no other game in years has done.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Flatfingers wrote: If you've ever enjoyed games like Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief, Deus Ex, and the more thoughtful aspects of more modern games like BioShock, Oblivion/Skyrim, and Dishonored, the DNA infusing all the good stuff in those games is what will be inside Underworld Ascendant.
I hope you suffer under the burning hatred of my bank account :evil:

:lol:
Hey, I'm trying to decide whether Otherside would prefer a tidy stack of crisp new bills or if they would rather I just sent them my bank account routing number.

Alas, I have asked myself the same question. :-/ What a dreadful thing. Simply dreadful.

Oh, there's a clock ticker at the top of their page. Seems useful. Okay, around 12 hours from now. Can't wait.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

Best $200 I've ever spent. Probably. Hopefully.

Super-psyched! There's an Underworld Builder Toolkit if they reach a million and a ten thousand dollars. Can't wait to get my hands on that.

Although I am well aware that these are just promises, hopes, and dreams, I'm still very happy to be able to take part in the funding of something that I've truly always wished for. This is nothing short of necromancy here. Reviving a dead series. Let's see what sort of grotesque zombie pops up that we end up loving or hating!

EDIT: Whoah. There are runes written under the title of the game in the kickstarter video. Major internet bucks if anyone can read them.

I think it says "Depths & Awaken" or something like that.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC
Re: Underworld Ascendant

Backed with utmost dispatch.

I'm not too wild about that co-op thing, but the developers seem to really want it. *shrug* (At least it would come with greater world depth and character customization.)

OTOH, I also am stoked for an Underworld Builder Toolkit. It won't be LTSL ;) , but even so it is a thing that needs to happen.

Much excitement. I hope they hit their target.

Also, thanks to ShadowTiger, I think I now require a tactical raccoon. :D

ShadowTiger wrote:...
EDIT: Whoah. There are runes written under the title of the game in the kickstarter video. Major internet bucks if anyone can read them.

I think it says "Depths & Awaken" or something like that.
It does. If that plus symbol is an &, which is likely. The script is a lot like futhark, but not exactly, but the internet knows everything: Image
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now