Return to “Games”

Re: Underworld Ascendant

FormalMoss wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:All their cupcakes are belong to you. :thumbup:
Sorry, on a diet. :D

EDIT - Oh crap, Rear Admiral status :O
Why, you have a problem with being a member of the Rear brigade?
No, I just realized after I posted that I 'leveled up' and was like "Ohmygosh" excited.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Employee 2-4601 wrote:Charley_Deallus: Best cupcakes ever :) :)
Now, I won't take credit for them. In the comments section, whoever was running the KS for Otherside posted it. I no nothing about Ultima or this universe, but I wanted to share them with you guys here. :P

As for the Rear Admiral experience. So far so good. Comfy chair.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Lum wrote:
Gazz wrote:So how does it work out for you?

We're always trying to improve the Rear Admiral Experience.
If Frontier's PR people were half the professionals than you guys... :ghost:
I bet their rear admiral experience leaves you butthurt... :lol:

$834,375 from 13,722 backers, and five hours left to go.

Hopefully hitting $850,000 at this rate?

I wouldn't count on much more than that; but as I was questioning at one point whether it would manage the $750,000 goal, I can't complain.

With the stretch goal posts being split and shuffled, we now have the following enhancements over the basic version of the game:

The Underswamp
The novel
The Lizardmen (yay!)
Companion creatures
Enhanced music

and hopefully also:
Dynamic music and sound effects
Resonant caves

as well as various other perks.

Final tally: $859,056

Nothing at the end quite like the first two days (and especially nowhere near day 1), but a solid $54k, $54k, and $46k in the final three was great for pushing through some of those stretch goals.

I'm stoked that they hit their goals for spending more time making the sound and music as good as it can be.

I'd still love to see everything through to their $1.1M goal, and especially the Builder Toolkit, but they did well enough in the end that I this should (in theory) be a genuinely worthy successor to the original games.

Firstly... whew. They made it. Nobody else gets me and the kind of game that appeals to me like these guys. I've waited 20 years; I can wait another couple. :)

Secondly, it's hard to imagine them being able to score another $200,000 just through PayPal, but that's what is "officially" needed to hit the stretch goal of providing a nice builder toolkit. That said, I strongly suspect that even if they don't hit $1.05M, they'll find a way to let fans mod the game. It might not be as snazzy as a fully user-fied construction toolkit, but it's hard to imagine them not supporting the modding community in some meaningful way.

We'll see. Right now I'm just happy there'll be another Looking Glass game -- something I never thought would happen.

:clap: :thumbup:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Flatfingers wrote: SI strongly suspect that even if they don't hit $1.05M, they'll find a way to let fans mod the game. It might not be as snazzy as a fully user-fied construction toolkit, but it's hard to imagine them not supporting the modding community in some meaningful way.
"Leaking" their in-house developed tools ;)
*Hacks them and shares the love* :D *Gets murdered by fans and yet is somehow loved at the same time!?*

Am I the only one who would be happy with the same engine and graphics and Underworld 2? Even Underworld 1?

Games just don't bring a tear to the eye like that. They just don't. I can understand it being from my relative childhood and all, but it was just so satisfying.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

Online Now