Return to “Games”

Re: Skyrim

cuisinart8 wrote:Nice! At this point, Skyrim wouldn't be complete without VIlja as a companion. She's one of my favorite addon companions, alongside Inigo.
I've been told that Inigo goes well with Vilja, cuisinart8, but I've never included him. When I do make the transition to SSE I'll include him in my merry band of followers. :angel:

I like your new avatar, Detritus. :thumbup: It suits you better than those out of character red eyes. You make me smile and so do Minions. 8-)

Victor Tombs wrote:
cuisinart8 wrote:Nice! At this point, Skyrim wouldn't be complete without VIlja as a companion. She's one of my favorite addon companions, alongside Inigo.
I've been told that Inigo goes well with Vilja, cuisinart8, but I've never included him. When I do make the transition to SSE I'll include him in my merry band of followers. :angel:

I like your new avatar, Detritus. :thumbup: It suits you better than those out of character red eyes. You make me smile and so do Minions. 8-)
The voice actors actually collaborated and there's several conversations that they'll have together. It's a lot more believable than the pieced-together conversations that Vilja has with the vanilla followers.

Flatfingers wrote:So here's something I've been curious about for a while.

Why are there so vastly many more mods for Skyrim than for any other game, including Bethesda's two Fallout games (which also have Construction Kits)?
:lol: That's a hard one, Flat. Maybe there is so much more for the modder to work with in Skyrim, it's also a superb backdrop for all those incredibly lore unfriendly offerings from those who find the desolate wastelands of Fallout to be less conducive to their work.

And, of course Fallout is awful and should be consigned to the games bonfire which burns in hell... IMO :evil:

Calm...peace...let go. :angel:

Flatfingers wrote:So here's something I've been curious about for a while.

Why are there so vastly many more mods for Skyrim than for any other game, including Bethesda's two Fallout games (which also have Construction Kits)?
According to SteamDB,
11-something million people own skyrim (not counting the 5-6 million people that own the Special edition since there's bound to be significant overlap there)
3 million people own FO3 (normal + GOTY)
3.7 million people own FO4

Probably not the sole reason, but definitely a factor.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Victor Tombs wrote:My Skyrim autographed four CD soundtrack from DirectSong has shipped. :o

Another nice thank you from them for ordering and a tracking number that works. This is getting seriously like a business that finally cares about its customers. :angel:
I did not even know they were sold autographed :crazy:
Where the heck do you find these things??

Whom I kid, must be a collector's thing. They got access to side-channels we common mortals do not.
One day Victor will post: My alien-doodad from the moon has finally arrived! :thumbup: :angel:
And I know I will totally believe it, because collectors are like that. They Obtain.

fox wrote:I did not even know they were sold autographed :roll:
Where the heck do you find these things??

Whom I kid, must be a collector's thing. They got access to side-channels we common mortals do not.
One day Victor will post: My alien-doodad from the moon has finally arrived! :thumbup: :angel:
And I know I will totally believe it, because collectors are like that. They Obtain.
Here's the link, fox:

https://www.directsong.com/mobile/produ ... uctid=2240 If you're interested I wouldn't leave it too long to order them. :angel:

My Skyrim autographed four CD soundtrack from DirectSong has finally arrived after being held up in Customs where fees were applied. :(

The contents of the package were well worth the charge though as DirectSong had made the effort of providing a really nice white patterned cardboard box which held the precious contents. :D

Victor Tombs wrote:My Skyrim autographed four CD soundtrack from DirectSong has finally arrived after being held up in Customs where fees were applied. :(

The contents of the package were well worth the charge though as DirectSong had made the effort of providing a really nice white patterned cardboard box which held the precious contents. :D
Congratulations, Victor! Sounds like a great Christmas present to yourself :thumbup:

Any chance of you putting up a picture of the glorious box? :angel:
old-fashioned :ghost:

plillevold wrote:Congratulations, Victor! Sounds like a great Christmas present to yourself :thumbup:

Any chance of you putting up a picture of the glorious box? :angel:
:D Thanks plillevold. The box isn't very glorious to be honest. It's just a white cardboard box that almost fits the glorious contents. They stuffed a piece of soft packaging in the one end to fill the gap and keep the contents from moving in transit. This is a big step up from the original autographed copy I ordered some years back. That one suffered some minor damage in transit due to a lack of adequate protection. I'm pretty sure they just ordered a stock box which was close to the dimensions of the CD set. ;) :mrgreen:

Can you remember ever seeing a posted image of any description from me? I once posted such a novelty when I was asked by a member here to show a picture of my hangar in SC. That was way back in the very early days of the project. It was ghastly! That was the time when the "deluxe" hangar looked like a grubby large workshop with a yellowish mist, very reminiscent of urine, hanging in the air. I'd have to borrow a camera from my brother to achieve the thing you requested. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:borrow a camera from my brother
And thus, we learn yet another thing about Victor... he has a brother... the brother has a camera... :twisted: :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:And thus, we learn yet another thing about Victor... he has a brother... the brother has a camera... :twisted: :ghost:
That's not news, Detritus. Most of the usual suspects here know I have a non reclusive brother. He owns some very nice cameras and can take stunning pictures. :angel:

Online Now