Return to “Games”

Re: Skyrim

FormalMoss wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:32 am
I am amazed.
At 13 hours into vanilla Skyrim SE (it runs better on my rig that the original Skyrim did), and it is blowing my mind.
I have never followed the storyline in Skyrim before :o :shock:
In the past, I was too afraid to use the Shouts element of the game, as I just wanted a wander where I go.. but I found leveled up too quick (as did the difficulty of the game), and I never really understood the upgrading of items etc.. and found myself pwned by a mage, and areas where I couldn't find enemies as my crafting skills were bad. :D

The music is amazing.. fades in between hearing nature, and coming on in moments that uplift the spirit.
I must say, I feel at one with Skyrim for the first time.

... It's a happy diversion after yet another interesting date :|
I'm happy that you're happy. FormalMoss. :D

:shifty: At the moment I'm playing three separate games of Skyrim. And i have to say that I've had no crashes with the SSE game, even with a fairly heavy mod load. :angel:

Victor - yes, the Skyrim Creation Club content is set to be auto-downloaded to your computer regardless of whether or not you pay for it. You only have access to it if you pay for it, but it'll be on your hard drive either way. As I have a rather limited download speed, that's a very bad thing for me. They say they're going to work to remove it in the future, which means it may be around for a while in bloatware form before they take it out.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I know nothing of such content, Nathan. All my mods are taken from The Nexus. What's been really interesting is that, up until the last mod applied to my new SSE game, the only files that needed cleaning were the files created by Bethesda. :lol:

FormalMoss wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:39 am
Skyrim SSE uses 13Gbytes.
Skyrim uses 8.8 Gbytes.
hth
Keep in mind, some of this is the extra textures and models for the godrays and stuff.
The rest will be the Creation Club bullshit.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

They may be able to "fix" auto-downloading for the PC.
But on consoles, downloading those mods as part of a "patch", might be the only way this creation-club model can work. (approval process on the consoles)
But this also means, that over time Fallout4 and SkyrimSE WILL overflow the harddrives on the consoles.
Or they have to limit the number of mods to a max-cap, which would be against its purpose as a growing mod-market in the first place.

If they cancel creation club, the players who paid already wont be able to use the mods on the consoles.
They have maneuvered them self in a pretty shitty situation, that anyone with basic math-skills could have foreseen...

https://comicsverse.com/bethesda-may-no ... e-problem/

Also Sony and MS should not allow this kind of practice. As what Betheshda is doing now is stealing real-estate (harddisk space) from other products that want to be installed on the consoles. And that is bad for the console platform as a whole.

Hmm... I'm somewhat conflicted in choosing a weather mod for SSE. It already looks good without one. I tried Vivid Weathers but I don't like it much. True Storms is superb on the audio front but....

After spending a fair bit of time testing with the vanilla weather I'm beginning to like it as it is. Does anyone use and enjoy one of the more obscure weather overhaul mods? :angel:

Edit: I decided to stick with the vanilla weather and no shader or ENB. It gives me a enough wiggle room to install some "optional " mods. The heavily scripted ones.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 pm
Hmm... I'm somewhat conflicted in choosing a weather mod for SSE. It already looks good without one. I tried Vivid Weathers but I don't like it much. True Storms is superb on the audio front but....

After spending a fair bit of time testing with the vanilla weather I'm beginning to like it as it is. Does anyone use and enjoy one of the more obscure weather overhaul mods?

I'm really enjoying Dolomite Precipitation: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/8006/ which changes the look of rain and snow to be much more attractive but without altering weather patterns.

If you'd like something that does change the weather, there's the larger package of which Dolomite Precipitation is a part, which is Dolomite Weathers: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/7895/

YMMV, as always. Whatever works for you!

Flatfingers wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:28 pm
Silverware wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:15 pm
Oh Jesus, it looks like the new Survival Mode might actually be a Creation Club Paid Mod...

Yep.
BOO!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now