Return to “Games”

Re: Skyrim

Zorathex wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:09 am
I only really store stuff at Amethyst Hollows because the auto sorting is so useful, I build the vanilla player homes for fun and use them as pit stops.
That's very similar to what I do, Zorathex. The homes in the cities etc. are where I know I can find the housecarls if I need them. I buy all the furnishings to make them complete but they are just places to sleep. :angel:

Relaunched my original vanilla game of Oldrim. No patches, fixes or mods applied. I'd forgotten how bleak and grey the original game was...but it has its own beauty. I never did get around to doing the Thieves Guild storyline so technically I didn't finish the game. I'm a bit of a goody-two-shoes in these type of games so it goes against my nature to pick-pockets and suchlike. It's nice to reacquaint myself with the godlike character I created who oozes poison when enemies are about and rides Shadowmere. :angel:

Strange that I didn't have the same moral qualms when I joined the Dark Brotherhood. Picking pockets was harder to justify than murder in my case. :lol:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 am
Relaunched my original vanilla game of Oldrim. No patches, fixes or mods applied. I'd forgotten how bleak and grey the original game was...but it has its own beauty. I never did get around to doing the Thieves Guild storyline so technically I didn't finish the game. I'm a bit of a goody-two-shoes in these type of games so it goes against my nature to pick-pockets and suchlike. It's nice to reacquaint myself with the godlike character I created who oozes poison when enemies are about and rides Shadowmere. :angel:

Strange that I didn't have the same moral qualms when I joined the Dark Brotherhood. Picking pockets was harder to justify than murder in my case. :lol:
I just finished the thieves guild quest line for real, I got the crown, the guild is restored, there are some other things but I don't wanna spoil them, I feel like the thieves guild quest line ends the best, everything else is like, hooray you won, you are now the leader, that's all folks, but the thieves guild quest line keeps going until you really feel like you did something important. :)

Zorathex wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:12 pm
I just finished the thieves guild quest line for real, I got the crown, the guild is restored, there are some other things but I don't wanna spoil them, I feel like the thieves guild quest line ends the best, everything else is like, hooray you won, you are now the leader, that's all folks, but the thieves guild quest line keeps going until you really feel like you did something important.
I'd heard that the Thieves Guild had a good quest line, Zorathex, but I could never get past that request to do some stealing in Riften...I still haven't. I found a little bunch of half started quests in my journal so decided to mop those up first. ;) :)

I tried installing the Oldrim game on the same PC as I've installed the Skyrim SE version and was getting all sorts of issues with the saved Oldrim games. Strange glitches and physics problems, so I installed the game on my previous gaming rig and it works like a dream. :D Shadowmere doesn't get the urge to fly and everything is super smooth and maxed out. I'm still adjusting to losing the improvements that certain mods brought to the game but it hasn't crashed yet and I'm enjoying adventuring alone with the odd bit of help from a companion now and again. :angel:

Oh gosh, he is referring to himself in third person.

What does this mean!? :wtf:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:27 pm
Detritus wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:57 pm
Oh gosh, he is referring to himself in third person.

What does this mean!? :wtf:
What do you expect from a recluse? ;)
:lol: Or perhaps you always refer to yourself in third person when buying things for yourself, so that you can avoid the guilty feeling of spending money on something? :P

I mean, that's what I would do.
If I had money.
and things to spend it on.
... and a name to call myself by.
...and guilt.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Your post told me more about you than it says about me, Detritus.

There is no guilt involved in my spending. Although my being a collector does lead to a certain amount of agonizing over where the money gets spent. There are regrets at times...if I get the agonizing bit wrong. :angel:

I'm happy to read that you are well, Lum. I know you believe you have communication problems but you miss a lot by not visiting IRC. It's not necessary to say much there but it is interesting to lurk if that would be more to your liking. Sometimes the discussions turn to LT matters but tanks and other weird stuff tend to disrupt sane discussions. :D

And I am well. :angel:

Online Now