Return to “Games”

Re: Flagship

Baile nam Fonn wrote:They have better explosions than Josh's placeholder. :(

Alpha-ugly, but nonetheless better. Yes GJ, I'll own it, I'm trying to shame you into fixing this.
I'm sure we will get a huge dose of big bada boom from GJ when the time is right. :mrgreen:

Victor Tombs wrote:I'm sure we will get a huge dose of big bada boom from GJ when the time is right. :mrgreen:
Milla Jovovich will be appearing in Limit Theory?

:lol:

Slightly more on-topic, I was also just looking at the Flagship site. I don't know about the RTS part, but doing it from a first-person perspective sounds wonderfully daft. I hope this succeeds.

(Although *SWAT* to everyone who complains that "these ships are dumb, in reality the CIC is is the middle of the ship" etc., etc. Insert boilerplate plausibility + gameplay > realism observation here.)

Lum wrote:Every time you come in your station quarters: "MULTIPASS!!"
I was watching the film again recently on the TV Lum and the Multipass scene still raises a smile. It's one of a few films that I will watch through to the end irrespective of where I started watching it (The Last Starfighter is another). :angel:

Lum wrote:I heard some time ago that Luc Besson wanted a 2nd part for the film but it got archived without second thought. I would love to see those characters back in business!
I hadn't heard that. Such a shame, I would have enjoyed a sequel. :(

Victor Tombs wrote:
Lum wrote:Every time you come in your station quarters: "MULTIPASS!!"
I was watching the film again recently on the TV Lum and the Multipass scene still raises a smile. It's one of a few films that I will watch through to the end irrespective of where I started watching it (The Last Starfighter is another). :angel:
:clap: :twisted: :squirrel:

Bank Holiday weekend coming. I sense I'll be recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier. In HD!

CodeDecoded wrote:Game looks pretty cool. Haven't seen a first person rts in a long time. Was there any good ones that came out yet? Anyways, I'll be watching this one as well. Very interesting concept, or more like a hybrid of two.
Yes, Battlezone 1 and 2
Battlezone 1 is usually accepted as the better one
HoverTanks on different planets in our Solar System
Its the "Real Space Race" US vs Soviets
First Person RTS
There are campaigns for both

Battlezone is free now here.. http://www.battlezone1.com/downloads/

Heres the about..

The Space Race was a lie. In the late 1950's, a meteor shower pummeled the Bering Straits. In the debris, American and Soviet scientists simultaneously discovered an off-world bio-metal that they could fabricate into amazing vehicles and weapons. They quickly gathered up and depleted all of the material that had fallen to Earth, and both sides were left wanting more.

This began the REAL Space Race... The one too brutal to televise. They launched their space programs in their efforts to find additional bio-metal deposits, and it was the military imperative that made the space race so intense -- not Kennedy's "for the greater good of man." Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon was actually the biggest cover-up in American history. Nobody knew that we'd built a full moon base just a few feet away. In fact, it was General Collins, commander of the American moon base at Eagle's Nest One, who took the original picture of Neil stepping onto the moon. It's amazing that nobody ever asked who took that picture. The NSA thought they'd made a real mistake when they released it.

Now you are in command! Lead your troops across the galaxy on a mission to control the alien technology before the Soviets do. Only one super-power can survive in the Battlezone.

Online Now