Return to “Games”

Re: Avorion single/multi player space sandbox game demo.

Update: started a new game where things are going better.
Apparently defeating pirates is A Good Thing™ cause they drop a ton of weapons and upgrades. So that helps quite a bit.
Also, apparently you can see all prices in a system in one list (thanks Corn) but you need the correct upgrade for that.
I played with ordering another ship. It works, but isn't what I expect in LT - simulation seems to stop as soon as you're one or two systems away. My plan of leaving a mining ship in an asteroid belt somewhere to get me resources while I explore thus failed, since stuff stopped coming in once I left. :problem: I could let it tag along, but following is kinda slow :ghost:

[OCD] Can someone change the title to just "Avorion", it's annoying me :ghost: [/OCD]
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: Avorion

"Please" and "kindly" in the same sentence might be overkill :ghost:

Anyhow, next patch will apparently fix my saving issue that currently prevents me from playing (well, unless I want to leave the game running permanently) \o/
Seems the dev is opposed to making the game's remote ship management more LT-like, as my request of letting your ships still mine when you're in another system was met with refusal. :problem:

Ah well.
Someone should set up an LT server :ghost:

Dinosawer wrote:"Please" and "kindly" in the same sentence might be overkill :ghost:
That's what Tarkin told Palpatine when he wanted to test the Death Star, IIRC.

Tarkin: "Your Excelency, it would be extremely kindly of you if you could allow me to test our new superweapon..."

Palpatine "Hmmm..."

Tarkin "Please...?"

Palpatine "Owww... that's so sweet from you Moffy! Of course you may test your new toy! Go, go with my blessings!"

Tarkin "Your Excelency is too kind. Thank you" (and he goes)

Palpatine (thinking) "Damn, kindly and please in the same phrase... I must remember that next time I must deal with Prince Xizor! MUAHAHAHAHA"

True story. :shifty:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

More pics \o/

Uh-oh
Spoiler:      SHOW
My noble steed, pure art :ghost: although sadly I can't get the fighter bays to work :problem:
I explored some more, atm trying to find a way through the wall around the center (yes, by now I've figured out that keeping trying to go round isn't gonna work :ghost: )

To create a station, just highlight one of your ships and press 'F'.

Then click on 'found'( or something like that??! check when i get home)...it'll bring up a long list of stations you can manufacture.

..the list is really long must be 50+ types...they are really expensive$$(of course)

Online Now