Return to “Games”

Re: Avorion

Baile nam Fonn wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ3VM4Ma9g 9:06 to 9:39. :squirrel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRTpdubN5Bk 3:09 & 3:13 - excellent Hel side and top down profiles.
Yes, those would be very useful, if there was actually any lighting so I could see the ship and not a black silhouette :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Since Dino reminded me that I had wanted to set up an Avorion server for us, I will be looking into hosting plans tonight.

If anyone knows of a good service that provides stable (enough) hosting for gaming, that would be great to know.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:Since Dino reminded me that I had wanted to set up an Avorion server for us, I will be looking into hosting plans tonight.

If anyone knows of a good service that provides stable (enough) hosting for gaming, that would be great to know.
Hmmm. Might give this one a shot tonight. Anything to keep me from reinstalling X:Rebirth. Please, lord of space games, save me.

Hell, I might even be interested in trying a co-op game if you guys would have me.

In my experience the only complixity limiting factor is your CPU (or that of the server) - I tested by making a giant array of battlecruisers glued to eachother and started noticing stutters when I had a really ridiculously large amount of them (like, 15x15 or so?)

(Which also showed me that if the difference between ships is large enough, ramming is a possibility :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Yeah, I have some experience with ramming. Ramming friendly merchants, friendly stations, friendly militia, perfectly innocent asteroid bystanders...
So many credits-worth of experienced crews lost in so little time. :roll:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image Image I started with big ugly sticks but found that I prefer smaller packages for noob level salvaging.
Also, Holograms are cool.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Online Now