Return to “Games”

Re: Factorio

Scytale wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:alright, i'll probably just buy it when i'm through with my current playthrough of skyrim
Sold to the science man from nantucket!
is this a quote
No fucking clue. :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote:It's from a limerick.

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.
Oh oh I know a similar one

I shot your dog.
....ucket

Also where does the science come from?

Scytale wrote:Oh oh I know a similar one

I shot your dog.
....ucket

Also where does the science come from?
From Scy, duh. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Scytale wrote:alright, i'll probably just buy it when i'm through with my current playthrough of skyrim
Image ...because that is not an accurate measurement of time. That could mean in 2 hours or in 2 years, because that's how long it can take in Skyrim. I have 350 hours on record, and still haven't fully played the game through...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Image ...because that is not an accurate measurement of time. That could mean in 2 hours or in 2 years, because that's how long it can take in Skyrim. I have 350 hours on record, and still haven't fully played the game through...
You're right of course. By "my current playthrough" I mean "how far I can get before I need to stop". It's likely to be a while yet.

My biggest problem with skyrim really is that every time I pick it up again I start a new character. This is not productive. I need to just stick with an existing character where possible.

So I've found in the past that if I buy a game on a whim I rarely end up enjoying it. This is actually also true if I'd previously been super-excited about it, but then when the sale comes up I'd lost interest but bought it anyway: I end up not really giving it a lot of time.

On the other hand, if I work myself up into a real interest in the game and buy it at the peak, even if it's a terrible game I'll still play the heck out of it. The above is exactly what nearly happened with Factorio some time ago: I was aware of it and knew in theory that I might enjoy playing it, but when I downloaded the demo I was unimpressed partly because well... I wasn't that interested in it to begin with. I only knew that it was a game "that I should enjoy".

When I read that RPS article where the author talked about his approach to playing Red Alert... that is exactly what my experience with Red Alert was like. So that's how I'm pretty sure this game is "my kind of game". I've been holding off because it's supposed to be awesome but I don't want it in my gut.

So I thought if I'm going to pay attention to this game I might as well start reading into it. I came across the guide and... on the second page I'm already into it. I can feel my duodenum harden up and my gall bladder begin to pulsate in a kind of primal oscillation, and I think I'm in.

But it's early days yet. We'll see. And I will probably not care a whit for multiplayer

0111narwhalz wrote:
Scytale wrote: I can feel my duodenum harden up and my gall bladder begin to pulsate in a kind of primal oscillation, and I think I'm in.
:?
don't judge me

e: hmm in hindsight that does come across as oddly sexual, which it isn't really meant to be

Scytale wrote:
0111narwhalz wrote:
Scytale wrote: I can feel my duodenum harden up and my gall bladder begin to pulsate in a kind of primal oscillation, and I think I'm in.
:?
don't judge me

e: hmm in hindsight that does come across as oddly sexual, which it isn't really meant to be
Well... I'll setup the server on Kato's VPS again, and give that server a goat.army address.

Potentially slave.goat.army
Please throw name suggestions at me, I'll make my decision in the next 6 hours or so. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:
0111narwhalz wrote: :?
don't judge me

Well... I'll setup the server on Kato's VPS again, and give that server a goat.army address.

Potentially slave.goat.army
Please throw name suggestions at me, I'll make my decision in the next 6 hours or so. :V
alright - but for my part, like I said, I'm highly unlikely to engage in multiplayer

Online Now