Return to “Games”

Re: Factorio

#256
True to form, I'm wasting time on frivolous things while my actual megaproject languishes on the back burner. But, I'm increasingly hopeful that I can replicate and make a useful application of the centipede train.
This sandbox mode test train boasts 77 fluid wagons pulled by 7 locomotives, and so far has had nearly flawless results in my pump hookup excercises. The locomotives are really struggling though. :train:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image
..now excuse me while I indulge my ocd and spend the next hour mining out those stupid decoratives currently defiling my concrete. :shifty:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Re: Factorio

#259
Talvieno wrote:That's an incredibly long train! :shock: And I hear it's even longer now... :ghost:

Jan - creating a world like that is really simple. :D
Mega-train. :D

Talvieno - Tell me master!
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Re: Factorio

#260
It's up to 14 and 154. :twisted:
But. Curved track is a problem.
My pumps all line up provided my stops are in a steady pattern and no curves, but I have yet to succeed with a good pump-alignment after a vector change. :problem:

Jan - main menu -> scenarios -> base/sandbox.
You can't do nukes since you don't get an avatar, but you can god-mode in all the pre-infinite research and pretty much any material/item you need via insta-pocket-crafting. :ghost:

(The concrete was the result of a lot of time and a lot of bot slaves). :P
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Re: Factorio

#261
Baile nam Fonn wrote:It's up to 14 and 154. :twisted:
But. Curved track is a problem.
My pumps all line up provided my stops are in a steady pattern and no curves, but I have yet to succeed with a good pump-alignment after a vector change. :problem:

Jan - main menu -> scenarios -> base/sandbox.
You can't do nukes since you don't get an avatar, but you can god-mode in all the pre-infinite research and pretty much any material/item you need via insta-pocket-crafting. :ghost:

(The concrete was the result of a lot of time and a lot of bot slaves). :P
Since when was this implemented? :?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Re: Factorio

#262
I dub thee Goosemopod, water bearer. This screenshot was before her first trek out to see the 57 million iron ore patch, which left 78 biters (some behemoths) dead on the tracks.
I doubled the locomotive block (up to 28 now) to pull the 406 wagons, so the top speed is just under 300 km/h. Didn't measure acceleration, but it's not too bad, and braking is great.

Her capacity is 30,450,000 liquid units [In an ideal station setup involving a sister buffer buffer train (which I haven't yet even started on), I could hypothetically refill her in a 7 second stop],
which (such math! much calculation!) is sufficient to convert a measly 304,500 units of stone into concrete.
Which'll pave 6.06 radar tiles (7x7 chunks), or 297.36 chunks of the map. Goosemopod is ~14 radar tiles in length.

tl;dr -- Must expand further. Not big enough! :twisted:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Mass production with ZERO belts and robots :) By the power of 0.15 rail networks, mine will be purer! :ghost: :monkey:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Re: Factorio

#263

Code: Select all

/c game.player.create_character()

:o YES! I can nuke things in sandbox now! :twisted:
Oh my, this is unmitigated fun! Occasionally refresh destroyer swarm, run around with 6 exoskeleton legs and 5 personal lasers and distractors in hand, spam nukes and try not to vaporize yourself. :squirrel:
Too bad it kinda obsoletes the tank. :(
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Re: Factorio

#264
Baile nam Fonn wrote:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.create_character()

:o YES! I can nuke things in sandbox now! :twisted:
Oh my, this is unmitigated fun! Occasionally refresh destroyer swarm, run around with 6 exoskeleton legs and 5 personal lasers and distractors in hand, spam nukes and try not to vaporize yourself. :squirrel:
Too bad it kinda obsoletes the tank. :(
Sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Hmm...you have uranium shots for the tank. What about these? :think:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Re: Factorio

#265
JanB1 wrote:Hmm...you have uranium shots for the tank. What about these? :think:
They're fun (shooting green), but not even close to as expensive as nukes, with a matching relative destructive potential.
Nukes are fired from a rocket launcher, and launcher shooting speed fully researched is plenty fast. Giant blast radius, and an effectively guaranteed kill within that radius. Stupendous tree-clearing capability.

Upon reflection, I'll hypothesize that at some point in the robot count/damage research, the tank makes a comeback since it is very resilient against big worms and a large enough swarm of destroyers would instantly melt anything in its vicinity and also soak up a ton of incoming fire. Combine that with the shredding power of uranium rounds (not the shells, which are more for sniping worms) and the tireless field repair efforts of worker bots and you'd be unstoppable.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron