Return to “Games”

Factorio

http://www.factorio.com/

About the game
Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories.

You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies. Use your imagination to design your factory, combine simple elements into ingenious structures, apply management skills to keep it working and finally protect it from the creatures who don't really like you.

Factorio has been in the public alpha since the successful Indiegogo campaign in February 2013. So far 12975 people have bought the game.

http://youtu.be/9yDZM0diiYc
kickstarter: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDES
Re: Factorio

I will try this out and get back to you on my opinions. But from the premise, I like what I read. :thumbup:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I picked it up quite a while ago. I found it pretty fun, although its very much my sort of thing, so I'm pretty biased. Its not without issues - it gets pretty fiddly at times, and the actual combat mechanics are pretty terrible (hold down the shoot button and hope you gun down all the bugs before they tear your limbs off). That said, I spent many enjoyable hours building machines and defenses, although I never actually finished the game. All the high end tech requires 'artifacts' dropped by alien hives, and clearing those was a frustrating and time consuming affair. The only way I could figure out to do so was, at any rate (kiting the swarm about in a circle while slowly ablating their hitpoints with a rocket launcher from a car).

On the balance I certainly got my $13 worth, so I guess I can recommend it.

Well. Now I know where my weekend went.

As an AVID fan of games like Transportation Tycoon and the like, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Yeah, can be a little fiddly at times, but ultimately, it is great.

I can't see much future potential for it though, because even though it is more sandbox-like, I see it running up against the same brick wall that minecraft + buildcraft + industrialcraft had; and that is, once you've automated pretty much everything, there isn't much to do. Don't get me wrong, that's not a problem for me (as I've already bought the game), but it is still a bit of a brick wall.

Love this game. :thumbup:

Edit: And the RPS write up? I knew I was going to like the article as soon as I read the first sentence; it described me perfectly. :lol: :clap:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Seems like a fun game, I played the demo for two hours and was left wanting more. But yeah, it would run into the MC ➕ IC2 ➕ BC problem. These industrial sandbox games always ends with being completely overpowered and nuking the world for cheap entertainment or with never getting off the ground - in public servers.
Brian makes Art! Check out http://bk-creations.deviantart.com/ for more information! Suggestions are appreciated!

In Josh we trust.

So I've been following this game loosely and read up on their blogs.

Apparently they haven't been able to get almost any coding done in the past week or so because of Factorio's popularity has exploded. In fact, they said that in one day this past week, they made more than their ENTIRE indiegogo campaign...

I think I know why...

Can't... wait... for... multiplayer...
Re: What stage is LT currently at?

Victor, just an offtopic suggestion (I read what Flat Fingers quoted, so that's why I'm mentioning it): Have you ever played "Factorio"? That might be just your cup of tea, I certainly enjoy it and I can empathize with your need for complex processes!
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Victor Tombs wrote:It seems, after a very brief perusal, I'm now a Mining Drill Operator member, Black--Snow. :D

Once again thank you for making me aware of the games existence. It's very reminiscent of games I used to play some years back and would have deserved a donation even if I didn't like the look of the game itself.

Thanks! :angel:
My pleasure. Watch out for the aliens, they get quite... Dangerous..
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Victor Tombs wrote:It seems, after a very brief perusal, I'm now a Mining Drill Operator member, Black--Snow. :D

Once again thank you for making me aware of the games existence. It's very reminiscent of games I used to play some years back and would have deserved a donation even if I didn't like the look of the game itself.

Thanks! :angel:
Oh hey Factorio!
We should setup a LTFactorio multiplayer session! :D
Factorio is sweet :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:Oh hey Factorio!
We should setup a LTFactorio multiplayer session! :D
Factorio is sweet :D
:lol: It's always multiplayer this and multiplayer that with you, Silverware. :P

Edit: it might be a good idea to split this section off and add it to the existing Factorio thread. I was totally unaware there was one until I did a search.

:shifty: Not sure why I've never seen it before.

Factorio should be hitting Steam next week I believe. They've recently been prepping for the release on greenlight -- something that has been coming for over a year now. I'm really excited since I've been following them so long.

Factorio is one of those things that drew me in via the single player more than the prospect of multiplayer. The multiplayer seems like a novel idea, but for once isn't my cup of tea. ;)

I'll go ahead and split.

Online Now