Return to “Games”

Re: Factorio

So I used trains, interesting things, really fun too. I've been trying the move to solar like Cornflakes suggested but currently 250 solar panels is only just enough to power my base -lasers during the day. The amount of capacitors I would need would be somewhat ridiculous considering they each use 5 batteries. o.0
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Batteries are a butt pain to manufacture, but producing a large stock, and using smart inserters to start production of capacitors and laser turrets to keep you at a set level in a storage container is WELL worth the hastle.
Then you can just build and set logistics drones to drop crap into your Inv without issues :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:Batteries are a butt pain to manufacture, but producing a large stock, and using smart inserters to start production of capacitors and laser turrets to keep you at a set level in a storage container is WELL worth the hastle.
Then you can just build and set logistics drones to drop crap into your Inv without issues :D
why bother with concrete numbers? just limit the chest size :V

So after last night's laggy debacle, I think I've finally figured out how to get rid of the lag. I've also found how to set up a headless server, so I'll be working on that too.

FACTORIES FOR ALL!!! :D
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:So after last night's laggy debacle, I think I've finally figured out how to get rid of the lag. I've also found how to set up a headless server, so I'll be working on that too.

FACTORIES FOR ALL!!! :D

Wait, does this mean you will be setting up an always online server? :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Okay Peeps, here's the haps.

I'm setting up the server this weekend, using 12.22. It'll have one mod installed, RSO -- Resource Spawner Overhaul which spreads out resources a bit more to help encourage train use (because trains are awesome). Down the line, I may end up putting in DyTech's mod pack because of all the extra features it adds, but that would be later. Any mods that are on the server must also be on the client as well.

I also plan on setting it up to auto-update via this map mod so that even though you may not like playing multiplayer, you can at least look at what the community may build. ;)

While the server will be on the honor system, I will set up multiple layers of backup in case something really goes wrong, that way it can just be restored. I'll script it so that there are plenty of backups in case of griefers or similar.

Due to the way the Factorio devs have coded their network structure, I'll have to set the latency to a high number of around 1000ms - 1500ms. This doesn't affect most of game play, as this is what the delay is between doing actions and when they 'register' with other users. For example, if you pick something out of a box, or up off a conveyor, or tell the game to build something, you'll see the latency. The biggest things this affects would be anything that requires quite a bit of manual control (firing a weapon, driving the car, etc). It's not as much of a problem with trains except at junctions. In order to compensate for it, it would mean making sure defenses are well automated and covered in case of biter attacks. The reason for such a high latency (and I do need to tweak it to get exact numbers) is due to the network coding and how far apart some people are. I might be able to bring it down to 500ms, but I'll have to test this weekend.

When the server goes up, I'll post the connection info as well as the world sharing string as well. Hopefully I can get all this done this weekend but I need to finish building my firewall first. I'll probably start a new thread for the server information, or possibly a sticky for all servers ran by users of the community in case anyone wants to play something created by someone here. :think:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:Server Deets!!!
Woo, I have internet this weekend (if all goes well!)
So I'll see you on there. With XCom2 out of the way, it's factorio all the way down for the next few weeks at least. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now