Return to “Games”

Re: Contact Vector

From what I can see, there's quite a bit that's already pretty polished.

I'm curious about the UI since that always seems to be a sticking point of these games. I'm also surprised there aren't more backers already.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Such as?

All they list are colloquialisms like short range weapons being better at short range.
They list a few general feature areas but not a single specific example of how one system interacts with another.
Their website and forum have zero additional information. In fact, I made the very first post on their forum. There wasn't even a welcome post of any sort.

"We want to create a game focused on strategy and tactics that will be about maneuvering your ships and setting up the best formations to out fight your enemy. "
...but not one scrap of info about what that means. Does moving forward give you 3 apples while moving sideways paints your ship blue?

Ships? What ships? There is no information at all about what kind of ships or roles they envision. Well, other than that there is more than 1 ship type present in their demo. But they all do the same thing, so...

Their "demo" shows the complete opposite of what they are advertising.
No turns.
No maneuvering - not even on a predefined path.
No stealth and detection.
No electronic warfare or counter-anything.
No limited ammo.
No weapons other than "the" missile.
That... is an anti-demo.

I put some money in (so it's easier to follow the project) but unless they start spilling the beans on what kind of game they want to make, this will be a bust.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:found this game again... and there don't seem to be any updates since somewhen 2014 :(
Yeah. I just went and read both of their Kickstarter pages and am sad that this didn't go somewhere. This seems like exactly the kind of game I'd like to play. It reminds me a little of Aurora 4X. I just sent them a message through their website- maybe they will get around to it?
Libertas per Technica

Graf wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:found this game again... and there don't seem to be any updates since somewhen 2014 :(
Yeah. I just went and read both of their Kickstarter pages and am sad that this didn't go somewhere. This seems like exactly the kind of game I'd like to play. It reminds me a little of Aurora 4X. I just sent them a message through their website- maybe they will get around to it?
well, their forums arent reachable and the last update was sometime 2014... i deem it unlikely.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Graf wrote:
well, their forums arent reachable and the last update was sometime 2014... i deem it unlikely.
It's always sad when a great game idea dies. :(
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now