Return to “Games”

Re: Creating Minecraft Modpacks

Well, the question was "does anyone have experience in modding minecraft?", everything else is optional :P

I am using the custom modpack tool from the technic launcher (technicplatform.net).

I have assembled a modpack according to their guide, uploaded it in an acessible location (installing the pack works just fine), version is set to the target verion of the mods (1.7.2).
But when i want to play, the launcher checks the integrity of the packet (which is fine).

After the integrity check minecraft should start, but all that happens is that the launcher blinks out of existence (as it should when minecraft itself starts) and comes back almost instantly.

Without any minecraft window appearing.
No crash, no logfile, nothing.

I have no clue how to work with the tekkit launcher... Personally I create custom packs using forge.

I'd advice to use forge for 1.7.10 (Recommended) and build from there. Forge 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 are incompatible. It's possible you're using mods that won't run on 1.7.2.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:I have no clue how to work with the tekkit launcher... Personally I create custom packs using forge.

I'd advice to use forge for 1.7.10 (Recommended) and build from there. Forge 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 are incompatible. It's possible you're using mods that won't run on 1.7.2.
I spent hours yesterday to make sure everything is 1.7.2 compatible...

There are some mods with 1.7.10 in their version numbers, but those were specifically marked for being 1.7.2 compatible.

I'll probably try tomorrow evening activating one mod after another, trying to find the messing one

Online Now