Return to “Games”

Re: skyjacker

I backed this originally, and was sad it failed, but I really hope they do this time, the system for building ships sounds really cool, I backed at thr $40 level, and think its a really awesome tier, and well worth it

hope it gets funded this time, then at least we will see the core game done too

Kayse wrote:Another game I must back. Kickstarter is getting me in trouble again. >.>
you and me both :oops: . though i backed at $ 60 i plan to split the double pack with my brother. and all things considered adding 5 $ for life time free upgrades to all content is a sweet deal.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

the year of the space sims is coming up all win!

i backed the triad: Star Citizen, Limit Theory, and Skyjacker.
and Strike Suit Zero! ^_^
but quadrilogy isnt a word is it? no matter how much Aliens tries to convince me otherwise.

the single player mode is whats drawing me in on all the space games.

in the Skyjacker pitch video it looks like you can fly into asteroids on some of them and exit out a different side, like drilling operations were interrupted right before the space battle is taking place.
those alien races + tech seems fairly varied as well like JMS Babylon 5 levels.

looking forward to all these projects, its a race to see who gets their betas/release to me first so i can start blasting!

If our campaign reaches $100,000,000, we solemnly promise to fund the research, development, and launch of real spaceships. We will help the human race reach the stars.
Would like to see this actually happen. :D

The mobile app actually looks interesting and should get funded the way it is going. Might fund it depending on how much money I have left after christmas.
Limit Theory - The most beast looking Space Sim.

Still, Kicktraq projects they will fail again, with only about 50% pledged of what they're shooting for.

Now, you might call me a coldhearted cynic, but don't these people realize that they're either a) doing it wrong as far as kickstartering goes, or that b) no one is willing to buy what they're selling? I can understand failing one Kickstarter and then trying again after getting your stuff sorted and presented in a more appealing way, but 4 times...seriously. I'd more than consider throwing the towel at that point.

Oh well.

*grabs popcorn, waits for the inevitable fall*
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

I imagine that must be terribly frustrating for them. It already looks like a much more interesting space combat game than some others that were kickstarted a while ago and already nearing completion. It's based on being a space pirate (among the coolest things to do), they offer mission creation tools, destroying segments of other ships and attaching the remains to your own, singleplayer, cooperative and competitive multiplayer, different ship styles for each species, builds for win/max/lin...

Then, as respectfully as I can, you have a game like Starlight Inception that has much smaller scope and less ambition funded in a normal month-long campaign, when they had little more than concept art and mentions of previous space games. And promises they'd bring it to the PS Vita...? They even happen to have the same goal.

Potential backers are fickle beasts, I guess.

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
PeterD wrote:
TanC wrote:You gotta give it to them, they've got spirit! :clap:
Hehe

For some reason they make me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXG4pdPj4w
I clicked that link fully expecting it to be this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YiPC91QUk
I expected this, with the SkyJacker guys getting cast as the Black Knight. Mauled repetitively by the King Arthur Kickstarter backers, but they just keep coming back.

Their game does look really good. I backed their original Kickstarter, and then even pre-ordered the game on their website when that fell through. But just starting up more Kickstarters isn't going to get them funded. There's no guarantee any Kickstarter campaign is going to catch the attention of enough people that a buzz will naturally form, and I don't think they have much of a fan community behind them to spread the good word.

Sadly, without media attention, or diehard fan support, it's probably a long shot that they'll be able to pull together enough support to meet their substantial funding goal. :(

I hope they get there, though.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Online Now