Return to “Games”

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Victor Tombs wrote:Unfortunately my obsession with collecting has got the better of me and I have now pre-ordered the Physical Imperial PC Edition. :oops:

I don't intend paying any monthly subscription but all that beautiful, physical goodness was just too much for me to ignore. :shifty: The collector within would not be denied and has conquered me yet again. :(
Good man, Vic! :D I settled for the Digital Imperial edition. As long as I can have all the in-game bits and bobs (and play an Imperial, which is the race I've played in every Elder Scrolls game from Arena onward), I'm happy.

Matthew Cason wrote:Good man, Vic! :D I settled for the Digital Imperial edition. As long as I can have all the in-game bits and bobs (and play an Imperial, which is the race I've played in every Elder Scrolls game from Arena onward), I'm happy.
I knew when I saw the official unboxing of the Imperial edition that I was lost Matt.

I have everything that has been officially released for TES. The original boxed version of Arena came out on eight 3.5" floppies and I had to write to Bethesda to get the patch disk v1.05. They then released the game again on CD-ROM and I purchase that as well. Over the years it frightens me to think how much I have spent on this franchise.

I thought I would be able to ignore this offering and purposely didn't even apply to join the beta. But when I saw the video and listened to the mellifluous tones of the unboxer, my resistance melted away.

The game itself may be dire for all I know but that beautiful combined art and lore book will more than make up for any disappointment. ;) :)

Victor Tombs wrote:
Matthew Cason wrote:Good man, Vic! :D I settled for the Digital Imperial edition. As long as I can have all the in-game bits and bobs (and play an Imperial, which is the race I've played in every Elder Scrolls game from Arena onward), I'm happy.
I knew when I saw the official unboxing of the Imperial edition that I was lost Matt.

I have everything that has been officially released for TES. The original boxed version of Arena came out on eight 3.5" floppies and I had to write to Bethesda to get the patch disk v1.05. They then released the game again on CD-ROM and I purchase that as well. Over the years it frightens me to think how much I have spent on this franchise.

I thought I would be able to ignore this offering and purposely didn't even apply to join the beta. But when I saw the video and listened to the mellifluous tones of the unboxer, my resistance melted away.

The game itself may be dire for all I know but that beautiful combined art and lore book will more than make up for any disappointment. ;) :)
I feel your pain Victor. I have just gone and done the same thing myself :oops:

Regardless of how the game ends up, the physical goodies are too great to ignore. Besides that, I figure I owe at least 50% of the fact that I'm a game developer to the lovely world of Tamriel. I'll pay the price just to stroll around Vvarenfell and see the new corners of Tamriel for a month or two :)

After all, what good is Christmas money if you don't spend it :shifty:

EDIT : Oh, and the mudcrab companion is a wonderful bonus :D :D :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Your decision doesn't come as any surprise to me Josh. ;) I well know your love for the big island. It was obvious to me that you would need to walk there again. So many great memories. I have similar ideas of sightseeing during the early entry period and thirty day package inclusion. if I find the experience to be a pleasant one I may reconsider and purchase extra time.

I still hope that one day you will be able to fulfill your wish and make "MorrowJosh". That would be a real thrill. :D

I see that wicked sense of humour of yours is at work. Mudcrab companion indeed...huh! :lol:

But you could enjoy quality time reading the book and studying the map in this box of treasures HowSerendipitous. If you are truly brave (as I believe all squirrel leaders are) you could have staring contests with your statue of Molag Bal silently mouthing the words, " So you think you can enslave and dominate me. Bring it on Deadric Prince."

And you could certainly enjoy a gentle stroll through Tamriel in the same manner as Josh and I.

I would advise you to give it serious thought, O Master of the Red Squirrels.

Well will make my mind up after next Beta if I will get the game or not more likley the digital edition,for the duration I'm getting a headache getting my head around the Ruski Archeage OBT,can't really judge just to say the game world is stunning so far but the combat so far is very cookie cutter, nothing really special but early days yet where as I really enjoyed the combat in ESO especially the element of using stamina as opposed to spamming the crap out of enemies with endless spells and that's the feeling I'm getting in AA atm. :problem:

It's still the way the grab for cash has evolved that I find disappointing. As I said earlier I never wanted this online version of my beloved single player games but I was prepared to give it a chance. It's obviously nothing to write home about in innovation terms so this extortionate monthly subscription is more than just an annoyance. :(

Victor Tombs wrote:But you could enjoy quality time reading the book and studying the map in this box of treasures HowSerendipitous. If you are truly brave (as I believe all squirrel leaders are) you could have staring contests with your statue of Molag Bal silently mouthing the words, " So you think you can enslave and dominate me. Bring it on Deadric Prince."

And you could certainly enjoy a gentle stroll through Tamriel in the same manner as Josh and I.

You're evil :twisted:

It is done, order placed. It will join my collection of collector's editions, along with the following:

Skyrim
Oblivion
Morrowind
Space Marine
Heroes of Might and Magic V(erm, twice)
Civilisation V
Sacred 2
Fallout 3
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (twice, again. Don't ask)
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
World of Warcraft: Pandacrap (Blurrrrrrrrrrgh)
Bioshock
Mass Effect 3
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
Two Worlds (it came with a dagger!!!)
Neverwinter Nights 2 (Chaotic evil, hee)

I may have a problem. :think:

Edit - I missed some :roll:

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:But you could enjoy quality time reading the book and studying the map in this box of treasures HowSerendipitous. If you are truly brave (as I believe all squirrel leaders are) you could have staring contests with your statue of Molag Bal silently mouthing the words, " So you think you can enslave and dominate me. Bring it on Deadric Prince."

You're evil :twisted:

It is done, order placed. It will join my collection of collector's editions, along with the following:

Skyrim
Oblivion
Morrowind
Space Marine
Heroes of Might and Magic V(erm, twice)
Civilisation V
Sacred 2
Fallout 3
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (twice, again. Don't ask)
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
World of Warcraft: Pandacrap (Blurrrrrrrrrrgh)
Bioshock
Mass Effect 3
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
Two Worlds (it came with a dagger!!!)
Neverwinter Nights 2 (Chaotic evil, hee)

I may have a problem. :think:

Edit - I missed some :roll:
Yeah seems you have a slight addiction will have to get Josh to do a special edition to get a boxed copy for your collection :P ,also Two Worlds now it got patched is brilliant but you do have the Mo that shall not be mentioned but everything else is pretty sound,oh and that Panda parody in the Trion ad now showing for Rift is awesome. :thumbup:

HowSerendipitous wrote:You're evil :twisted:

It is done, order placed. It will join my collection of collector's editions....

A truly wise decision, O Keeper of the Nuts.

Thanks for the games list. We obviously share very similar tastes in games. :D

I thoroughly enjoyed all the single player games in the Warcraft series but never joined the online game. I was pretty upset with Blizzard for a long time.

I too possess several (or more) copies of the same game. I have perfectly rational explanations for this but they don't sound very convincing when written down. :oops:

Well, if you have a problem I suspect there are more than a few here who share it HowSerendipitous, including me. ;) :D

Online Now