Return to “Games”

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Matthew Cason wrote:Did everybody get in bright an early this morning? I noticed the servers were up by around 6 AM EST and hopped right in. Got all the names I wanted and just took a break now that I got my Templar out of Stros M'Kai. But man is it ever crowded ...
I now understand why I hate MMO. It hasn't all been awful over the few hours I've played the game but it's like a single player TES game on super steroids without the immersion. I've never seen so many bodies running around like headless chickens. Horses crazily galloping all over the show. Four or five deep crowds surrounding NPC's of interest. Sodding simians all over the place along with other weird looking critters. Arkham Asylum is a stroll on a quiet beach compared to this nightmare. I'm sorry Matt but it's not for me. I went back and played some more Skyrim. It was such a relief. :lol:

Luckily, I only purchased the boxed Imperial version for all the goodies. I certainly won't be subscribing to the game.

Agreed. Agreed in full. I can see why the game would be an attraction to those who like it, but there are certain aspects of the game that must be innate to it which many people find dull and even antagonizing, to a degree. I never know who the NPCs are and who the Players are, and of course the players act a lot less interesting than the NPCs. Everyone is just a walking camera, rather than an actual person in a vibrant game.

It's never going to happen. It's all or nothing, basically.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

Victor Tombs wrote: I now understand why I hate MMO. It hasn't all been awful over the few hours I've played the game but it's like a single player TES game on super steroids without the immersion. I've never seen so many bodies running around like headless chickens. Horses crazily galloping all over the show. Four or five deep crowds surrounding NPC's of interest. Sodding simians all over the place along with other weird looking critters. Arkham Asylum is a stroll on a quiet beach compared to this nightmare. I'm sorry Matt but it's not for me. I went back and played some more Skyrim. It was such a relief. :lol:

Luckily, I only purchased the boxed Imperial version for all the goodies. I certainly won't be subscribing to the game.
I'm enjoying it for what it is ... a theme park MMO without the kind of personal connection and meaningful storytelling that for me is the hallmark of a TES game. I will probably say at it for a month or two, just to taste PvP and work on my crafting but I doubt I'll stick with it very long for the same reasons you've cited, Vic. It doesn't grab me, even in the way that SWTOR did until I played out its various class quests. And here, outside of crafting there's nothing to keep me coming back for more. If I'm going to play an MMO with any real enthusiasm in the near future, it's going to be Wildstar.

Oh, believe me, I was taking notice of what you were saying MrPerson. :lol: It wouldn't have stopped me purchasing my boxed game though. :P If there is one thing guaranteed to make me feel uneasy it's a gap in one of my collections. TESO may not be the game I wanted but it's still part of the TES franchise. :)

I received confirmation this afternoon that my order will be shipping very shortly. That's the real precious for me. I must have it. :D

Well some one has cast a spell on me or used a subversion spell well pretty much mainly after the AA let down I can't see any other fantasy MO other than ESO that has that something different and none generic on the Horizon Black Desert is a while off yet, so I've just picked up ESO Digital for 28 quid (3 days early access explorers pack),so well chuffed with that. :thumbup:

MrPerson wrote:You should play the game normally first, then explore the world of mods. Just look around the workshop or nexus and grab the ones that interest you, they add so much replay value to it, just like most TES games. Have fun!
Damn sure I've spent more time messing about with mods and tweaking SweetFX settings than actually play the actual game. !!

Online Now