Return to “Games”

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

My Imperial version boxed game arrived this morning and, with total honesty, it's gorgeous. The statue of Molag Bal is incredibly detailed and looks "awesome in the flesh". The art book is also superb. I have but one criticism and that is the omission of the music soundtrack on a CD. I see they are offering a download from iTunes (another money grab). Not supplying it as part of the Imperial version is a serious omission.

I am going back to Tamriel. :oops: I know what I said, but I still want to take those strolls through the landscape and see the sites I have seen before in other TES games. So please stay out of my way as I don't want to fight anyone (I hope they have made your fighting more immersive) I am just a sightseer passing through. :D

Victor Tombs wrote:My Imperial version boxed game arrived this morning and, with total honesty, it's gorgeous. The statue of Molag Bal is incredibly detailed and looks "awesome in the flesh". The art book is also superb. I have but one criticism and that is the omission of the music soundtrack on a CD. I see they are offering a download from iTunes (another money grab). Not supplying it as part of the Imperial version is a serious omission.

I am going back to Tamriel. :oops: I know what I said, but I still want to take those strolls through the landscape and see the sites I have seen before in other TES games. So please stay out of my way as I don't want to fight anyone (I hope they have made your fighting more immersive) I am just a sightseer passing through. :D
But how big is the box!? I'll tell you. Insanely huge. Not quite as big as the Skyrim CE, but still ridiculous! :twisted:

HowSerendipitous wrote:But how big is the box!? I'll tell you. Insanely huge. Not quite as big as the Skyrim CE, but still ridiculous! :twisted:
It's not your average game box that's for sure. :lol: Although there is a chance of displaying it, unlike the Skyrim CE box which has now taken up residence in the roof space.

Edit: I downloaded the game soundtrack music from Amazon. In my opinion it is superb and worth purchasing. :thumbup: :D

Well here is this, may wanna watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4

The the beginning is what I have been telling people since I played beta a few months before release, but nobody seemed to believe me. As I am not a PVP player, that section I have little interest in, and the PVE was described as horrible, and I can see why. So glad I saved my money, but also disappointed that this happened. It could have been so much more.

I want to see a borderlands type system where you can have a few friends roaming the provinces like skyrim or oblivion, and have it act exactly like singleplayer, just with your friends with you. That I would pay full price for.

Thanks for the link MrPerson. Well worth watching just to confirm everything that has been said here. Really glad I'm a box collector because the actual game is mediocre and not to my taste. I will wait a few months before taking my stroll around the landscape but from what has been said and what I witnessed in the review I will probably be disappointed. :(

Roll on the next single player TES game. ;) :)

Edit: If you get nothing else please purchase the soundtrack. Even Angry Joe thought the music was awesome. :angel:

AbhChallenger wrote:How is this crap going to be more profitable than another Skyrim?
Another Skyrim is years off. This is made by a different studio (ZeniMax Online Studios vs. Bethesda Game Studios). Bethesda Game Studios next release is likely Fallout 4, probably sometime in 2015. Elder Scrolls VI will likely not come out until a year or more after that (depending on Fallout 4 expansions.)

ZeniMax Online Studios does just Elder Scrolls Online. They just use the IP from Bethesda Game Studios.

The parent company of both, ZeniMax Media, also owns id Software (for whatever that's worth now that Carmack works for Facebook), Arkane Studios (Arx Fatalis, Dishonored), Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within), MachineGames (Wolfenstein: The New Order), and Battlecry Studios (seemingly working on a F2P MMO).

Cha0zz wrote:
Asmodai wrote:Bethesda Game Studios next release is likely Fallout 4, probably sometime in 2015
Please, let this be true, please let this be true, please let this be true, ...
:praying:

(and please let it have the atmosphere of fallout 3 and not of new vegas)
I suspect we'll find out at QuakeCon 2014 which runs July 17-20th this year. That's where Bethesda likes to make their big announcements. My guess is Fallout 4 will be officially announced there and then likely released sometime in 2015. 2016 will likely see DLC/Expansion packs, bug fixes, etc. Elder Scrolls VI likely won't hit till 2017 or later. Heck at this point I'd like to see them just release a new version of Skyrim for the PS4/XBone and include the high rez textures and other tweaks from the PC version out of the box.

Online Now