Return to “Games”

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Hardenberg wrote:I'll have a look at it once it's done, IF it actually gets done and doesn't die horribly along the way like so many other KS game projects.
I hope you're wrong Hardenberg. I really do like what this game has to offer but you are correct about the disappointment of some KS projects. :(

I look forward to receiving my boxed copy of the game and will try to remain positive concerning the final product. :)

Chris Roberts has given his blessing to the project. I quote from the recent KC:D update:

“It’s a rare treat when a Kickstarter announcement genuinely impresses and Kingdom Come: Deliverance has done just that,” said Chris Roberts at Cloud Imperium Games. “Kingdom Come doesn’t just look like a great game, though: it looks like something we on the Star Citizen team could learn from. The characters and outfits I saw working in-engine in the trailer impressed me so much that I contacted the team to talk about what was going on under the hood. Star Citizen doesn’t need peasants and knights… but it does need a robust character creation system for the persistent universe. And that technology is exactly what Warhorse is building for the CryEngine. The good news is: the team at Warhorse isn’t just an incredible talented group of people… they’re also kindred spirits who are willing to share the work they’ve done! We will be sharing with them the tricks for working with CryEngine we’ve learned over the last 18 months and they will be letting us in on the secrets and the tech behind what they’re doing! I’ve always said that independent developers should stick together, and the potential good for both games that can come from this unofficial partnership is proof positive!”

This really is terrific news. :clap: :D

Victor Tombs wrote:Chris Roberts has given his blessing to the project. I quote from the recent KC:D update:

“It’s a rare treat when a Kickstarter announcement genuinely impresses and Kingdom Come: Deliverance has done just that,” said Chris Roberts at Cloud Imperium Games. “Kingdom Come doesn’t just look like a great game, though: it looks like something we on the Star Citizen team could learn from. The characters and outfits I saw working in-engine in the trailer impressed me so much that I contacted the team to talk about what was going on under the hood. Star Citizen doesn’t need peasants and knights… but it does need a robust character creation system for the persistent universe. And that technology is exactly what Warhorse is building for the CryEngine. The good news is: the team at Warhorse isn’t just an incredible talented group of people… they’re also kindred spirits who are willing to share the work they’ve done! We will be sharing with them the tricks for working with CryEngine we’ve learned over the last 18 months and they will be letting us in on the secrets and the tech behind what they’re doing! I’ve always said that independent developers should stick together, and the potential good for both games that can come from this unofficial partnership is proof positive!”

This really is terrific news. :clap: :D
Image I like Chris Roberts. Good to see him pitching in for the little guy. I also notice they've made a lot of money today, hahah, that's probably why!

With 43 hours to go, they're only about £75K away from the £1M mark. Popular KS projects often do really well in the last two days, so hitting that number is completely feasible.

Now, having said that, Warhorse mentioned today that they'd like to do something special as a stretch goal if they hit that mark. They are thinking... a pet dog.

:eh:

Flatfingers wrote:With 43 hours to go, they're only about £75K away from the £1M mark. Popular KS projects often do really well in the last two days, so hitting that number is completely feasible.

Now, having said that, Warhorse mentioned today that they'd like to do something special as a stretch goal if they hit that mark. They are thinking... a pet dog.

:eh:
HaHa! Well the pet dog is a theme which has caught the backers imagination in the comments section of the KS and beats the hell out of a pet mudcrab IMO.

I think Warhorse have been stunned by the extra interest being shown in their project and have yet to identify what extras they would like to include. The boost that CR has given the game by his intervention has come as a very pleasant surprise to the development team and the backers. :D

berkeltc wrote:Dammit >_< Don't tempt me with more games. LT is what I want...what I NEED atm :p Annnnd I'm too poor. ;D And I doubt I could run it.

But fantastic nonetheless.
I pity you berkeltc but you really should avoid this place if you want to hold onto any spare cash. This place will always tempt you to support yet another kickstarter. :lol:

berkeltc wrote:Dammit >_< Don't tempt me with more games. LT is what I want...what I NEED atm :p Annnnd I'm too poor. ;D And I doubt I could run it.

But fantastic nonetheless.
The Limit Theory Kickstarter Militia are coming for you.... Pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge, pledge..................

:twisted:

Good idea! :thumbup: Repetition may compel him to make a voluntary contribution to the cause. Otherwise you will have to call in your brigade of ninja squirrels to persuade poor berkeltc to do the right thing. :lol:

The kickstarter has 23 hours to go and the pledges just keep on coming. The total now stands at just over £993,000. :clap:

Victor Tombs wrote:Good idea! :thumbup: Repetition may compel him to make a voluntary contribution to the cause. Otherwise you will have to call in your brigade of ninja squirrels to persuade poor berkeltc to do the right thing. :lol:

The kickstarter has 23 hours to go and the pledges just keep on coming. The total now stands at just over £993,000. :clap:
£2,551 to go! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I hope the stretch goal isn't a dog, though. I don't like dogs.

HowSerendipitous wrote:hope the stretch goal isn't a dog, though. I don't like dogs.
You could try that repetition technique in the comments section over there.... red squirrel, red squirrel, red squirrel, red squirrel ..... I can't see it having much effect though as individual backers are already choosing breeds of dog and giving their dog a name.

AND that's the £1,000,000 mark. :clap: :clap:

Online Now