Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Etsu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 am

I totally understand what you say, Zanteogo. I for one would play a nazi or a serial killer without any problem, but it is perfectly understandable that not everyone has to feel the same. No need to justify one's own tastes. It's perfectly fine. :D
Image
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima
User avatar
Etsu
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Scytale » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:31 pm

This point of religion aside, I think that lack of quicksave in Alien Isolation is itself a feature precisely because of the reasons you mention- I got the sense that Flatfingers was objecting to lack of quicksave due to porting rather than to any conscious design decisions. Personally, though I usually much prefer quicksaves to checkpoint systems, this feature in this game is a positive point for me,
User avatar
Scytale
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2826
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Charley_Deallus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:29 pm

I hope this game has swords because I gave monies!
Image
"Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus
User avatar
Charley_Deallus
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: America

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Charley_Deallus wrote:I hope this game has swords because I gave monies!


you should not post drunk
User avatar
Cornflakes_91
Admiral
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 am
Location: Austria

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Etsu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:28 pm

Actually, I hope he post drunk more often because it made me laugh. :lol:
Image
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima
User avatar
Etsu
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Lum » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:20 am

I think is the bad influence of the santa hut on a stormtrooper helmet. Who knows how many shocked gnomes died because of the implications... :problem:
User avatar
Lum
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:10 pm
Location: Potsdam (Germany)

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby HowSerendipitous » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Now we're up to alpha 0.4 :twisted:

Definitely seeing all the work they're putting in coming to fruition.
Image
User avatar
HowSerendipitous
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 pm
Location: In the tree. With the nuts.

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Victor Tombs » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:29 pm

HowSerendipitous wrote:Now we're up to alpha 0.4 :twisted:

Definitely seeing all the work they're putting in coming to fruition.


It's looking superb, HowSerendipitous, I'm glad I backed their project. They really do care about delivering an awesome game. :thumbup: :D
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Etsu » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:50 pm

I downloaded this new update but unfortunately when I was starting the "smoke" quest my computer crashed badly and my bigger hard drive broke. It seems that I lost almost one TB of data, including recent developments on my Unreal Project -and including Unreal Engine itself- which makes me very sad. I am now trying to come back to action.

I used an old version of Ubuntu to back up as many game saves as possible, some pictures, etc. (I lost my entire FRAPS collection, more than seven GB of screenshots.) Then I reinstalled Windows 7 to the first partition of my smaller and older hard drive of just 210 GB. (It's a 500 GB hard drive.) My Internet is not working well because I don't have drivers for USB 3.0, which I need for my 3G Modem. So yes, all this is very stressful.

When I lost my old videocard thanks to Mass Effect 2 I never played that game again. I hope that this time that doesn't happen, but I confess that I am scared. :lol:

Note: Returning to the game, I liked the dismount animation. :thumbup:
Image
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima
User avatar
Etsu
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Victor Tombs » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm sorry to read that you have undergone such trials and tribulations, Etsu. I'm lucky in regards to being able to be super careful, backup wise. I tend to retain a plethora of additional copies of everything. Huge storage hard drives everywhere in addition to cloud based off site deposits.

I was hoping to see some further progress in your project but I can be patient. :angel:

Don't abandon Kingdom Come, I'm sure the finished game will be worth all the heartache it may have caused you. ;) :thumbup:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member
 
Posts: 7181
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Flatfingers » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 am

Downloading my update now. :)

Although I suspect I will have to stop doing that as they get closer to a shipping game. I don't want to spoil the fun of playing the full thing the first time.
User avatar
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 4535
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby HowSerendipitous » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:28 am

Etsu wrote:I downloaded this new update but unfortunately when I was starting the "smoke" quest my computer crashed badly and my bigger hard drive broke. It seems that I lost almost one TB of data, including recent developments on my Unreal Project -and including Unreal Engine itself- which makes me very sad. I am now trying to come back to action.

I used an old version of Ubuntu to back up as many game saves as possible, some pictures, etc. (I lost my entire FRAPS collection, more than seven GB of screenshots.) Then I reinstalled Windows 7 to the first partition of my smaller and older hard drive of just 210 GB. (It's a 500 GB hard drive.) My Internet is not working well because I don't have drivers for USB 3.0, which I need for my 3G Modem. So yes, all this is very stressful.

When I lost my old videocard thanks to Mass Effect 2 I never played that game again. I hope that this time that doesn't happen, but I confess that I am scared. :lol:

Note: Returning to the game, I liked the dismount animation. :thumbup:


Yeah, Sunless Sea murdered my 580 GTX :cry: That's a pain to lose that much data though!
Image
User avatar
HowSerendipitous
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 pm
Location: In the tree. With the nuts.

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Etsu » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Victor Tombs wrote:I'm lucky in regards to being able to be super careful, backup wise. I tend to retain a plethora of additional copies of everything. Huge storage hard drives everywhere in addition to cloud based off site deposits.

Well, a recent situation at home made me realize that you can lose everything in a moment, so I was careful enough to back up the project on a Micro SD. I'm not sure how old it is. (I surely lost my main screen but that's not so bad. At least the most important stuff is there.) I wanted to start again with the ship anyway because I realized that "front" in 3DSMax is not the same as in Unreal. This will be my opportunity. :ugeek:

HowSerendipitous wrote:Yeah, Sunless Sea murdered my 580 GTX :cry: That's a pain to lose that much data though!

Yeah. Theoretically most of it is still there, but I'm don't want to plug the damn thing yet to see if it works. :sick:
Image
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima
User avatar
Etsu
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby darker70 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:06 pm

I was a gnats gonad away from backing this,glad to see it's progressing rather well. ;)
User avatar
darker70
Captain
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Etsu » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:04 am

Almost a year after the last post, you may want to know that Beta is out:

Youtube trailer
Image
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima
User avatar
Etsu
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay

PreviousNext

Return to Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests