Return to “Games”

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I don't think they are likely to run off with the money. :lol: There is the same sort of passion in this group of developers that you see in Josh. They have the same motivation to produce a great game as they are making a game they want to play.

I'm pleased to read that you finally decided to back the project. :thumbup: Personally, I am getting used to long waits. The only tangible items I have seen so far for a not inconsiderable outlay of funding is a Star Citizen card and a complimentary tee shirt. There are a number of projects getting close to shipping the rewards so it's a little more exciting now. :)

I know I'm somewhat old fashioned but I always prefer physical over digital rewards. ;)

Victor Tombs wrote:I know I'm somewhat old fashioned but I always prefer physical over digital rewards. ;)
And rightfully so! Having a crafted/produced item in your hands is very different from a few copied bits and bytes. That, and physical stuff can look good on a shelf... Got to decorate with something, right? :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:I know I'm somewhat old fashioned but I always prefer physical over digital rewards. ;)
And rightfully so! Having a crafted/produced item in your hands is very different from a few copied bits and bytes. That, and physical stuff can look good on a shelf... Got to decorate with something, right? :D
You always understand where I'm coming from Katorone. :thumbup: :wave:

HappyGhecko wrote:the longer i look at this game the more it looks like the adult version of Mount and Blade Warband.

(which is a good thing :angel: )
Mount and Blade is a game I've always been meaning to play but, unfortunately, it never happened. It's the usual amongst gamers, HappyGhecko, lots of great games but not enough time to play them all. :oops:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Mount and Blade is a game I've always been meaning to play but, unfortunately, it never happened. It's the usual amongst gamers, HappyGhecko, lots of great games but not enough time to play them all. :oops:
seriously? i have the problem that the good games are so rare that the few good games get hundreds of hours of playtime. (and i work fulltime)

On the other side i like games that are a bit special to get into like stalker, mount and blade or spec ops the line and i realy hope KC:D and LT will get on this list and stay there for a long time.
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus

HappyGhecko wrote:seriously? i have the problem that the good games are so rare that the few good games get hundreds of hours of playtime. (and i work fulltime)
Yes, seriously! I'm not just talking modern games but, being in at the beginning with GOG, I am rediscovering gems I played in my youth which are usually RPG's and are real time sinks if you do them justice when playing. ;) Like you I tend to spend hundreds of hours on a few games but it doesn't stop me going a bit wild when the Steam/GOG/etc. sales are on. I must own at least sixty games I've never even installed. They looked good in the video trailers but I can't really judge them yet. :angel:

Edit: I'm also into some seriously weird reclusive type stuff so it can't all be fun and PC games. 8-)

Thanks, Flat :thumbup: I enjoyed reading those blogs in light of how it eventually turned out for Dan and Warhorse.

I can't thank you enough for creating this thread. :D Even though Warhorse are continuing the funding campaign on their website I enjoyed the KS excitement. Especially as it was approaching its conclusion.

Mr Vavra seems like a much happier man with all those trials and tribulations behind him. Inspiring and, as you say, terrifying stuff.:angel:

A few hours ago I started playing Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, with some graphical mods, to see what Daniel has done before. And aside for some little crash I must say that I'm very impressed. I've been waiting for a game like this that has a manual driving mechanic for a long time.

I already have played Mafia 2, by the way.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

"We don't have dragons, but we have uh, chickens. I believe, I even saw one fly once" :lol:

Looks good, but will wait until release.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now