Return to “Games”

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Not sure when I will get my real sword but with the launch date of the game set for 13th February I'm hoping I won't have to wait too long. Striking menacing poses and recreating some of my boyhood sword fights will no doubt be amusing. Especially for some of the native wildlife who already think I'm a bit strange. :lol:

:lol: Unlikely I will be throwing down the sword, Cody. I'm going to do my best not to make contact with anything solid whilst establishing the heft and balance of the weapon. Although it's going to be a display piece in my collection Warhorse Studios have described the sword as the real thing. I doubt if it will be sharpened but it should feel right when in use. ;) :angel:

I'm surprised that this thread went for so long without comment. I have always felt well informed about the game. I had no worries concerning its health as a game project. There are lots of videos and reviews/blogs for the game and with the content available on their own website I've never felt there was any lack of information. :)

Although the game updates for backers were sometimes infrequent they were always well worth a read and packed with information. :angel:

I should probably have been more diligent in my posting here. :oops:

BMRX wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 pm
Mostly just waiting for the release, still kind of peeved that the PC release was pushed to accommodate consoles.
I don't mind a date change as long as the gameplay/controls/etc didn't change to accommodate consoles.

In terms of official release dates for anticipated games, though, the February release of KC:D is pretty much the only thing on my radar for 2018.

<fingers crossed>

Flatfingers wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:44 am
BMRX wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 pm
Mostly just waiting for the release, still kind of peeved that the PC release was pushed to accommodate consoles.
I don't mind a date change as long as the gameplay/controls/etc didn't change to accommodate consoles.

In terms of official release dates for anticipated games, though, the February release of KC:D is pretty much the only thing on my radar for 2018.

<fingers crossed>
Then you have missed that Bannerlords is scheduled for this year. :D
The only other game that actually has me excited that I can remember right now. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I've Been waiting for Bannerlord for so long, its starting to end up like Half-life 3 for me. Last I knew they said they were aiming for a 2017 release, but obviously that didn't happen and we still haven't even gotten a release window, much less a release date.

Though it still looks fantastic.

I'm probably missing out, but I feel like I got burned by the original Mount & Blade that I bought.

It felt unfinished to me: bare terrain and opaque but unforgiving systems. I didn't (and still don't) enjoy feeling like I'd been taken advantage of. So I've avoided all subsequent M&B releases.

YMMV, of course.

The graphics were lacking 1 because it was an indie game, and 2 because its one of those games that has upwards of 150-200 people on screen all fighting at once which can still be pretty taxing on medium-low level rigs.

That is one of the reasons why I liked it though, start small, build up, gain levels and upgrade your army then either dedicate yourself to a faction and help it take over or start your own and take over everything yourself while appointing lords to towns and castles.

I think of it kind of like a zoomed in total war type game where you actually play the general yourself in smaller but more action packed battles for the actual player.

im somewhat hyped for kingdom come. I just fear it wont be everything i want it to be.
MrPerson wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:01 pm
The graphics were lacking 1 because it was an indie game, and 2 because its one of those games that has upwards of 150-200 people on screen all fighting at once which can still be pretty taxing on medium-low level rigs.

That is one of the reasons why I liked it though, start small, build up, gain levels and upgrade your army then either dedicate yourself to a faction and help it take over or start your own and take over everything yourself while appointing lords to towns and castles.

I think of it kind of like a zoomed in total war type game where you actually play the general yourself in smaller but more action packed battles for the actual player.
^this

There are only 3 other games in over 20 years of gaming that come close to Mount and Blade´s hours/fun ratio.
(Everyone that finds the game to barren or not pretty enough, go and install the "Floris Mod Pack" or "Floris Evolved".)
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus

Online Now