Return to “Games”

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I totally understand what you say, Zanteogo. I for one would play a nazi or a serial killer without any problem, but it is perfectly understandable that not everyone has to feel the same. No need to justify one's own tastes. It's perfectly fine. :D
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

This point of religion aside, I think that lack of quicksave in Alien Isolation is itself a feature precisely because of the reasons you mention- I got the sense that Flatfingers was objecting to lack of quicksave due to porting rather than to any conscious design decisions. Personally, though I usually much prefer quicksaves to checkpoint systems, this feature in this game is a positive point for me,

I downloaded this new update but unfortunately when I was starting the "smoke" quest my computer crashed badly and my bigger hard drive broke. It seems that I lost almost one TB of data, including recent developments on my Unreal Project -and including Unreal Engine itself- which makes me very sad. I am now trying to come back to action.

I used an old version of Ubuntu to back up as many game saves as possible, some pictures, etc. (I lost my entire FRAPS collection, more than seven GB of screenshots.) Then I reinstalled Windows 7 to the first partition of my smaller and older hard drive of just 210 GB. (It's a 500 GB hard drive.) My Internet is not working well because I don't have drivers for USB 3.0, which I need for my 3G Modem. So yes, all this is very stressful.

When I lost my old videocard thanks to Mass Effect 2 I never played that game again. I hope that this time that doesn't happen, but I confess that I am scared. :lol:

Note: Returning to the game, I liked the dismount animation. :thumbup:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

I'm sorry to read that you have undergone such trials and tribulations, Etsu. I'm lucky in regards to being able to be super careful, backup wise. I tend to retain a plethora of additional copies of everything. Huge storage hard drives everywhere in addition to cloud based off site deposits.

I was hoping to see some further progress in your project but I can be patient. :angel:

Don't abandon Kingdom Come, I'm sure the finished game will be worth all the heartache it may have caused you. ;) :thumbup:

Etsu wrote:I downloaded this new update but unfortunately when I was starting the "smoke" quest my computer crashed badly and my bigger hard drive broke. It seems that I lost almost one TB of data, including recent developments on my Unreal Project -and including Unreal Engine itself- which makes me very sad. I am now trying to come back to action.

I used an old version of Ubuntu to back up as many game saves as possible, some pictures, etc. (I lost my entire FRAPS collection, more than seven GB of screenshots.) Then I reinstalled Windows 7 to the first partition of my smaller and older hard drive of just 210 GB. (It's a 500 GB hard drive.) My Internet is not working well because I don't have drivers for USB 3.0, which I need for my 3G Modem. So yes, all this is very stressful.

When I lost my old videocard thanks to Mass Effect 2 I never played that game again. I hope that this time that doesn't happen, but I confess that I am scared. :lol:

Note: Returning to the game, I liked the dismount animation. :thumbup:
Yeah, Sunless Sea murdered my 580 GTX :cry: That's a pain to lose that much data though!

Victor Tombs wrote:I'm lucky in regards to being able to be super careful, backup wise. I tend to retain a plethora of additional copies of everything. Huge storage hard drives everywhere in addition to cloud based off site deposits.
Well, a recent situation at home made me realize that you can lose everything in a moment, so I was careful enough to back up the project on a Micro SD. I'm not sure how old it is. (I surely lost my main screen but that's not so bad. At least the most important stuff is there.) I wanted to start again with the ship anyway because I realized that "front" in 3DSMax is not the same as in Unreal. This will be my opportunity. :ugeek:
HowSerendipitous wrote:Yeah, Sunless Sea murdered my 580 GTX :cry: That's a pain to lose that much data though!
Yeah. Theoretically most of it is still there, but I'm don't want to plug the damn thing yet to see if it works. :sick:

Online Now