Return to “Games”

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Flatfingers wrote:The scenes look a bit flat to me, but that may be because the alpha is set to mid-day (no day/night cycle yet)?
Actually, does appear to have Day/Night cycle. :D

Youtube video
Flatfingers wrote:Even so, that does not look awful.
To me textures look relatively bad quality when you look closely. :?
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Lum wrote:Yeah, because alphas are meant to have kickass graphics... :problem:
But it has kickass graphics nevertheless, Lum. Besides, it's a "technical alpha" which means that graphics are a main concern. (Actually, grahics are always a main concern to me.) Star Citizen it's in pre-Alpha and it has better textures IMO. (Despite which, I prefer the nature of this Alpha I think.)

I confess that I spend most of the time looking at my feet when walking. I love to be able to see my body in first person games. :mrgreen:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Lum wrote:But alphas still are not supposed to have good graphics. That's what "aren't meant" is supposed to mean.
Technically this hardly qualifies as an Alpha so it could actually be made just of untextured boxes so I agree with you on that regard. But it's a feature of this "Alpha" and we are suppossed to mention this features. I mention it because it is one of the first things I noticed.

Besides, to have bad textures is surprising to me when using a game engine that gives you quality textures by default. (If it has bad textures. It could actually be a problem with my videocard, or an intentional decision from the developers due to technical reasons or otherwise. As I said, an alpha release could perfectly be made of gray boxes so is understandable.)

I hope someday to have a better videocard to play this at 30 or 60fps with the better quality possible. One can dream. :angel:

Yes I understands what you mean Etsu ;) Anyway, maybe the prefered the whole atmosfere thing being shiny that going into detail. May it isn't implemented all that is to be, as you say. Or your GC. I remember comparing WoW at ultra with my old laptop (at aprox. 7 fps) to see how it looked like with the same graphics setting from screens out there by simply google. The quality wasn't the same. And we're talking about WoW v. 20012 here. So yeah, your machine could be part guilty of charge in that. I'm trying the game ArcheAge nowadays, which uses CryEngine3 AFAIK, and with the settings at max some textures looks horrible (no matter if I use DX9 or 11), while others look fantastic. Overall the game has good graphics, but there are glitches here and there where the level of detail declines a lot. On the other hand is a MMO, maybe they did compromise on that at some point.
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Etsu wrote: Besides, to have bad textures is surprising to me when using a game engine that gives you quality textures by default. (If it has bad textures. It could actually be a problem with my videocard, or an intentional decision from the developers due to technical reasons or otherwise. As I said, an alpha release could perfectly be made of gray boxes so is understandable.)
They'd have to create those awesome textures in the first place though ;)

I was playing and I found that Daniel managed to convince Vin Diesel to do a cameo. :o

?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Note: Regarding my complain about the use of the B button to sprint, you actually turn with your left stick when you are sprinting so it's not a problem. It's not the best solution either; the right thumbstick would be much better in my opinion, but maybe they are reserving that button for something else, like swordplay for example.
Cornflakes_91 wrote:They'd have to create those awesome textures in the first place though ;)
I meant that CryEngine 3 already has good textures by default. And in a lot of games textures are just photos, so the hard part would be to create bad quality textures, not the other way around. You have to create your own materials, but that's fairly easy.

On the other hand, ideally they should be using Megascans fot the terrain and building materials, unless they have their own technique or another scanning technology in mind.

Today I noticed that you can't walk with keyboard and mouse, which makes the game almost unplayable for me without a controller. Very strange coming from a game which main platform seems to be the PC. Thankfully I play with a gamepad, but people without one will encounter a huge problem. :shock:

Another thing that is rather curious is that nobody seems to notice or care your thefts. People should not let a stranger newly arrived to the village get into their homes, let alone steal their food and belongings. :shh:

Other interesting details:
  • - People repeat the same conversations. A classic inconsistency which strangely is also present here.
    - People seem to know you after talking with someone who is out of town. Telepathy?
    - There are NPC outside the permitted area for the player.
    - Most of the food has no description. Just an arroba.
All this, with the exception of the inability to walk, is excusable given the nature of this Alpha, but still quite curious.

On a positive note, today I was able to start the bow quest, so I finally know what to do to get one. :mrgreen:

Online Now