Return to “Games”

Star Control title in development

*Smelling* *pretty colors* is the best *game*.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/01/s ... velopment/
Hopefully Ford and Reiche may have some unofficial input (Toy's for Bob is owned by Activision. Nnnnggaaahhhhh!) and this won't turn into another Star Control III or this *happy* *camper* will be very *frumple*.
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos
Re: Star Control title in development

Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition is on GoG as well as Star Control 1-3 (which they publish) so one would hope a new one would be as well.
They also allow direct download from their servers for many of their older games. The problem is that starting with Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and continuing with Galactic Civilizations III they've moved to a Steam-only approach as they've decided to heavily utilize and integrate with Steamworks.
Re: Star Control title in development

More information is now available about Star Control: Origins, the reboot from Stardock.

The whole thing is worth a read. But given Josh's comments on Limit Theory and multicore threading, I found this remark particularly interesting:
For example, if you have at least a four-core machine, we can do all kinds of stuff to all the different scenes simultaneously, while the player’s playing, without it slowing down the main game. That allows you to seamlessly transition to a planet, or back to a battle, or to another completely different scene.
Apparently Brad Wardell really likes the 64-bit Nitrous engine.

Online Now